Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Seth Soronnadi

I learned that; "By having knowledge of the reading, computational, and comprehensive skills of your students, you will know how to develop instructional supports that will benefit them. These supports may include structured outlines, graphic organizers, or study guides."

CAT's and refresher with Bloom's Taxonomy

I learned the importance of feedback loops to bridge teacher and student.  I als learned that if we as instructors are to be deliberate in how we choose assessments, we should expect students to be deliberate too. As teachers we shoud be informed an the latest meaures that help assess objectively but couple the quant with qual. I woud like to go beyond what I learned here to consider how understanding of reliability and validity can help me determibe which measures are scientifically sound. 

I like the idea of formative assessment being positioned as a test of both teacher and student. Professional adult education seems to keep that in mind, but I don't see that principle in place in high school education. Assessments are a critical aspect of measuring success and shouldn't be dismissed.

Great way to continue to engage students. 

This module highlights and further re-enforces the need for the instructor to develop test or ways to test the students to ensure the materials covered are understood.

Much of what I teach combines an awarness of mindset and application of new tools and methods. An appreciation and consistent use of the language that expresses concepts core to mindset can be assessed via tests and check-ins. 

CATS, is a great learning tool that can provide information on how well the students  is learning 

There are many types of assessments. Instructors should understand what type of learners they have, and then come up with an assessment plan.

CAT looks to be a great tool to utilize.  I will specifically implement minute papers.

CATs are ways to quickly assess students' understanding of the information.

Choosing the proper assessment methodology based on each need of your student is important to maximizing best use and understanding of information and being able to better relay information in a way that your students will maximize learning.

I have found that in this environment student responses are not always rooted in ethics. Value is placed on a need for success sometimes rather than right or wrong. Not sure how to navigate this tight rope as the outcome is not always going to be success as deemed/needed.

Content and process, the two blades of a pari of scissors. Brilliant analogy.

Active learning is an important part of assessing not only the student's progress but the instructors success.

Soft skills are partially developed through modeling and group work, and setting non-testable expectations like being on time to class, etc. 

Great ideas to evaluate students and student learning. 

Giving labs that are geared around the students ability, helps challenge them to move forward.

As teachers and instructors, we have an inherent obligation to assess student learning to ensure learning objectives are being met and to further refine and improve our teaching methods for improved delivery of classroom material.

Bloom's Taxonomy of Cognitive Objectives is a geat tool to use as an instructor to terach your course content to the students and also track their learning ability. 

Sign In to comment