Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Active learning, hands on and group activities really would help multiple student in multiple ways.

Classroom Assessment Techniques (CAT's) are formative and/or summative assessments to determine what the student currently knows and what the students have learned. It can identify gaps in learning. CAT's must be chosen carefully and align with the objectives and goals of the course. Some examples of CAT's would be: a one-minute paper and Muddiest Point. 

Personally, I have found entrance quizzes to be effective. This helps the students to identify what knowledge they have gained prior to class time. At the end of the class, the students review the content from the quiz to identify areas they need to still review.

It is not only about measuring the students abilities to demonstrate their understanding of the learning material covered, but also getting them to be active learners and critical thinkers

I have learned that it is important to have different methods to assess students.

Different assessments are important to measure where the students are at with their learning and if changes need to be made. 

This section is to understand how to gauge best process for learning ability and how the retain. 

The importance of active learning to engage students.

General assessments are needed to ensure students are retaining the knowledge given to them. There are different ways to assess students and proper evaluation will help to effectively teach the students.

Interesting to learn about Bloom's Taxonomy and the application of CATs.

more student involvement

Utilizing Bloom's taxonomy will assist in assessing the students' learning and advancement.

Informal checks help see where areas of improvement are needed and help narrow down areas to review. 

Great lesson on the best ways to assess the general education level of the students and how to assess their understanding of the topic in ways that are quick and effective like CAT exercises. 

I learned that I will want to periodically test students knowledge throughout the course to ensure they are grasping the information, but also to assess my effectiveness in relaying the relevant information

I appreciate the use of CAT for a quick check in to see where students may need additional or different teaching.

Understanding, and appreciating the importance of evaluation using the tools and readjusting delivery of the topic with the final evaluation piece.

CATs activities can help bridge the gap in learning. A CAT activity can summarize learning so far, then any gaps can be addressed.

The engagement of my students is imperative and I like the idea of the "minute paper" to assess their knowledge.

Students involvement can be promoted by active learning

I learned about the various types of assessments that can be used to determine where a student is.

Sign In to comment