Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Getting to know your class and giving a small introduction will begin to relax the students as well as teach the instructor something about each student.

In this course I learned important strategies for the first day of class. I will take the information I learned and create a check list for my first day to ensure I cover as much as possible to create clear guidelines for my students.

Pre-tests help with learning where students are starting from.

It is important for the students to know about you and what you expect. It is also important for you to learn about the students and how the learn so you can cater to each student and help them succeed. 

Purposeful prior planning prevents poor performance, and it never hurts to be over prepared.

It is important to intruduce yourself to your students so that they can see that you are also a human being and that you can be personable and to help built comfort inside the classroom

It is important for students to feel comfortable with each other as well as you as an instructor. A getting to know you activity helps with this. 

It is important to start the course off with an introduction of myself, in order to set a good precedent for them for the remainder of the class. Learning student's names is key to get to know them quickly

Being prepared on that first day is essential to setting the tone and expectations for the class.  Give students the appropriate information to set them up for success in the course and create opportunities for everyone to get to know one another and feel comfortable in this environment.

getting students acclimated by an introductory speech or conversation seems to help nervous students 

Communication is key. Getting the students used to you and familiar with each other as well. Comfort with each other is also import.

It's important to BE PREPARED and know that every instructor gets nervous when meeting a new class. I learned different techniques to gain the respect of students and have a sense of community in the classroom.

Make a connection by learning the student's name. Show them that you care about them. Break the ice for you and all the students in the class.

I have always found that it is a best practice to greet each student at the door in the beginning of class. 

Introduce yourself and get to know the students' names. Students want to be seen and heard. It matters.

It is beneficial to the students to give a background.

Learn names quickly, students will feel valued.

I need to make certain to meet my students and give them a bit of background about me so we can get started on the right foot.

When meeting the students for the first time, the instructor should give share personal and professional background information on themselves, what the student can expect  and  expectations of the course. I find this to be a helpful icebreaker.

Comment Comment

Learn their names, give them some background, set a class community tone.

Sign In to comment