Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This module was a great reminder about the value of teaching with humanity, being prepared, and staying organized to set yourself up for success. 

After you have prepared the first draft of your syllabus have a more seasoned instructor look at it and give you some suggestions to improve on it.  Preparation is very important so that your class goes smoothly.  Keep a pad handy to write down specific questions you were asked, so you can get back to the class with the correct answer.  By using this one tool it adds to the instructor's credibility that we will do what we say we will do!

This module reminded me the importance of keeping a check list to make sure I cover all my teaching points, checking all my teaching material is ready, updated and working. 

Create an inviting environtment while also being able to clearly state expectations and requirements for the program

I never thought about using a checklist as a teaching aid but it makes complete sense. 

I have learned in this course to prepare early and carefully. Always ues a checklist and keep a note pad to write notes and always do what you said you would do for a particular student.

Prepare...prepare...prepare.
This module has taught me to always be prepared.  More importantly, it taught me to interact with the students so that they see me as a real person.  I am not to become their pal, but rather a real person.  

I have reinforced my previous practices and learned that preparation is pivotal to a great student experience and learning success. Without proper planning and preparing, the outcomes will not be achieved. Student-centric best practices begin with sound planning and organizing all aspects of the instruction and learning process and drives the desired results.

I learnd and re-confirmed that planning and preparation are pivotal for achieving the set outcomes and enhancing the learner's experience. Without proper planning, organizing, and preparing with all aspects of a well written syllabus and all its components, student-centric learning can not be achieved.

Reply to Tikeama Buckingham's post: I like this idea as well and plan on doing this to help me stay organized. 

The 5 Major Focus Areas help create a productive instructional environment to aid in the success of students. 

By learning the different things that will help to become a good teacher/instructor is helpful . I have learned so may new ideas and procedures since I have been in the FIT class that I'm grateful that it is offered.

planning and preparation are very important because it allows you to have a good check list and have a guidline for the whole course

How to become a well prepared instructor using means of efficent planning and preperation, with help from documents such as the class sllybus and course objectives. 

Preparation is key for success: Make a checklist that you can knock through as you move through your class. 

I have been reminded of the importance of a checklist. I like checklists to keep me on task, so I should use it while teaching as well. 

The analogy between core concepts being the trunk of the tree and the additional information as being the branches. As you teach you can keep coming back to the trunk so you will remember to present the core concepts. Keeping yourself organized. Use a checklist!

I've learned quite a bit in this planning and preparation module. The biggest take away is a famous quote that says proper planning prevents poor performance. Aside from those first-day jitters, instructors should be prepared prior to the class start time with clearly defined instructional objectives and a lesson plan that reflects the syllabus. The syllabus is an informal contract between the instructor and the student that informs the students of what they can expect from the instructor and the course; as well as what is expected of them. Just as important to student matriculation as the objectives, is the learning environment, which should be comfortable and inviting. 

Being Prepared, set goals for your students, give the the students clear objectives, and follow through to the end

Planning is essential to success!!

Sign In to comment