Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I firmly believe being an educator is both to give information, and receive knowledge from our growth.

I appreciate that educators need to continue thier professional development. Good to know. 

I beleive i should not stop learning it makes more confident in my educational profession. I am looking into a computer enchanment

Workshop.

"the Six Ps" as a manager - Purposeful Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance!

Do most of your class management work before class starts!

Follow the 3 M's... 

• Model
  • Manage
  • Motivate

Model professionalism and how I want my classroom community to support each other as a community of learners.  Manage my classroom and students, including promptly and fairly addressing issues as they arise.  Motivate with excitement for our subject area and by reminding students of how they have improved and progressed and encourage them to continue even when it's difficult and not so evident that they are making progress.

What I have learned is that a large part of developing as an instructor is to begin with self-reflection. I plan on doing just that.

I haved learned that three majors of an instuctor are 

1.  be a good role model 

2. learn how manage your classroom

3.  be a motivator to your students

4. the importance of a professional development plan

I love "purposeful prior planning prevents poor performance."  I'm on it!

As an instructor you are leading by example. It is important to engage with your students and pay attention to what type of learners they are. Be the leader in the classroom and be Credible, Candid, Compassionate, Committed and Clear.  Implement the three competencies: Technical, Professional, and Personal. 

This is what I try to do --but this encourages me to improve on this..

Show the students you love what you are teaching-you are excited about what you do and show them that you love them!!

Lead, motivate, encourage students. Professional development plan to grow as an instructor. This, for me, will be important since I am new to academia. 

Adult Student learning first, empower and motivate them mutualistic meaningful kexperience, empower self with current new innovative knowlege and share the meaningful literature, hat is relevant

Technical, proffessional, and personal development is the key to becoming a better model, manager, and motivator. 

Instructors or teachers are the models of professionalism that the students look to. We are the people that inspire and strive to create learning, while we ourselves never stop learning.

Teaching is also modeling. We are not only helping students learn, but modeling what the profession looks like as well. 

The 5-C's really stood out to me. They really encompass everything that is necessary to be a successful and effective instructor. 

I liked the point he made that you do not need to be the smartest person in the room. As instructors we are continuing to learn as well. The student is the center of learning.

Make sure that all aspects of your deliverance and development to the classroom maintains professional at all times.

I learned that it is okay to make a mistake. Lead by example and help each other as you learn everyday. I learn to review all the information prior so that you are better prepared.

Jackie

Teaching is so much more than standing in front of a class and presenting information. It is a style that includes how you present the information, how you present yourself, and how you adjust to make the information understandable. LEARNING is the most important part of the process, not teaching. Thus focus on making sure your students are actually learning and adjust your teaching as needed to accomplish that. 

Sign In to comment