Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I need to know myself and my abilities and cultivate them in a way that I can use them appropriately to my students utilising  the latest instructional strategies

Not trying to prove you are the smartest one in the room.  

Don't have to show how competent or smart you are but how you convey informayion.

1) Teaching skills must be both specific and dynamic.  You must have a plan, but you must also be able to adapt to student needs and learning styles, as well as the the philosophy of the instutution for which you're working.

2) You're not just teaching a subject.  You're modeling attitude, behavior, and presentation.

Instruction should reflect both your personality, and your knowledge for the subject. Organization, and presenting yourself as confident, aware, and enthusiastic about the teaching experience will help engage your students. Lastly, afford professional courtesy to your students by being consistent with time management, attendance issues, university policies, etc.

This module assisted me in the importance to refine my instructor role by learnng new information and techniques that will make me a better instructor.

Three Key Roles as a instructor.

MODEL, MANAGE, MOTIVATE. everyone has different instructional styles. You have to find what works best for you.

The modeling of what is expected of the students not only the classroom, but also in the field once they  have grauated and moved on to their careers. Also, the primary importance in the classroom is learning, not teaching.

Number one priority is learning, not teaching. model what is expected of students in the field in addition to in the classroom.

1.) Don't assume or try to prove you are the smartes in the class.

2.) Motivate the students and show them the passion you have for the subject you are teaching.

3.) Being a friend and showing interest in your students is ok but you can NOT be a "pal"

What I have learned from this module is that you should always remain positive. Encourage your students on a daily basis.  Make sure you are Professional, honest and compassionate.  Your entgrity is key.  You are a role model to these student's from day one.  

Good lesson, very good key point to remain humble understanding that you may have a student that has more knowledge in a certian area so remember to teach and learn do not try to be the smartest, which is great advice for any and everything in life.

Great lesson! As an instructor, it's important to lead by example and to keep in mind that every student has different learning styles. It's up to the instructor to stay up to date, and always strive to become a better instructor. 

As  an instructor, it essential to make realistic goals  to atain the instructional objectives. For that, professional, personal and technical  and instructional competence is very important. 

One thing i see my colleauges doing is being a friend and pal. Its one thing that i try not to do.

Learning from fellow teachers to help develop a style of teaching. It was useful to "name" some of the concepts I already understood as well.

Lead by example and be a role model for my students.

lead by example 

continously work on teaching techniques and strategies 

Some of the benefits of havinga profession development plant are need to be proficient in multiple areas suche as learning theory, curriculum dvelopment and human resouce management

I need to develop a personal development plan to highlight strehgts and weakness. I also need to futher learn new trends in the filed. 

Sign In to comment