Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This is what we do for a living

So we definitely should use a strong sense of integrity in our day to day operations etc. Don't lie to kids, don't talk bad about other choices etc. Most of this is common sense if you are in this business for the right reasons. Helping people!!

We are the lucky ones.

Very few people get the choice to to some good while they are doing well for themselves. Many admissions reps are well compensated for the work we do, which is providing a service to our student, community and country.

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource."

-John. F. Kennedy

I completely agree. The main reason we are here to do our job is to help people. Staying up to date and providing the most accurate information possible will help us help others.

I agree! Use the golden rule "treat others the way you want to be treated" and be honest and ethical. This is wonderful job to be able to help others!

You never know who is watching and it is easy to get lazy. But better to be safe than sorry. Make sure you have a passion to help others and it will never be an issue.

We are hereto chnage people's lives for the better. We set a standard that we kow they can do better for themselves and their families. What We do changes peoples lives forever and we need to do it with intergrity and a smile all day everyday!

I agree with some of you. I have been in this business for over 10 years now. I have some very sleazy "sales" people over the years. This is not the business for those type of tactics. There are many car lots in the area. We are affecting these prospects lives, their families, and their future.
This is something we should take pride in everyday. I do not want to be known as a liar. I want these kids to feel comfortable coming to me knowing that I will guide them in right direction. That I will not lie to them, and I want to help them.
We are in the business of changing lives...that is a very serious business.

I agreee sometimes the job gets hard but we are all here to help others better there life.

I agree that we should all have a strong sense of integrity in our day to day operations. We have a great opportunity to help many people better themselves and their quality of life for themselves and their families. With all of the gainful employment stories that have been in the news recently, it is even more important for us to operate with a sense of integrity to keep the people guilty of misleading potential students in the minority in this profession.

I agree with you 100%! I think that their are a lot of individuals that tend to lose sight of the overall goal. That goal is 100% about helping individuals follow their dreams. This training can assist us in that process.

Helping people to secure an educational foundation that will serve them well for the rest of their lives is so rewarding! Education is the key to success! I consider myself extremely fortunate to have such a job that provides that type of service.

Seeing the student graduate and the pride they and their family has for their accomplishments is what itis all about. It is what keeps me going when things get difficult.

Well said! We are the lucky ones. I never really think of myself as a "salesperson" but more of an advocate to help a person determine if this is the correct path for them.

A great admissions person is the one who isn't afraid to tell a prospective student , :this might not be the right path for you" and help them to find an alternative!

Kathleen,

You are correct. Making sure the training is the "right path" for the prospective student is one of the most important parts of your job. Can you share some ways you determine what direction is best for the prospective student?

Absolutely! In the initial phone conversation, I spend a good deal of time talking to the prospective student about their motivation and what exactly has brought them to this point of wanting to attend school. I find out as much as possible about them during this conversation.

Following that, in the interview process we go thoroughly through the course requirements and different paths for externship.

Our school emphasizes the need for every stduent to explore this field by speaking to instructors, completing studio (lab) hours and most, importantly, by finding their "niche" through the externships.

The placement staff , also, maintains an "open door" policy from the time of admissions through actual placement assistance which allows students to make educated decisions regarding externships and other "real-life" opportunities that we offer throughout their course.

We change lives for a living. You should be honest with people always, and do whats best for the student. If you want to make this a career then you have to do whats right by your students and they will always bring you referrals.

I always got self fullfillment from this industry because I felt I was helping someone that needed me. Once they graduate there's know better feeling to know you played apart in someone accomplishments.

Integrity is an indispensable value. Anyone seeking to further their education, regardless of age, should be able to rely on the information provided by the agent of a school. It is so important to have confidence that the information we share with families is accurate, and current. Searching for the right education and school is a major step. I'm proud to provide quality guidance.

How does anyone not love admissions. On a daily basis we have the opprunity to help shape people's futures and contribute to society. We also have to make sure we are doing it in an upstanding and compliant way. We must all be driven by the calling to help others. With that being said our day to day actvities must be steered by compliance.

I agree. This job is about helping people in changing their lives. It is so important to have integrity in what we do because of how impactful we can be on others life choices!

Sign In to comment