Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Only so many hours in a day

We wear a lot of hats

Yes, we do! :)

No student = no school, so it could be argued that we wear the most important hat as well.

And it does not stop with getting them to class, we also have a heavy influence on retention. My students will often come to me with all questions for the 1st several weeks while they are getting comfortable with the transition to college life.

I agree but time mangment and quality representation are paramount for the school and the state to stay alive and compete in the ever growing education industry.

I agree that it seems like there is never enough time in the day. I find that creating an agenda in the morning of call blocks I want and the people that need called.It has been very effective for me.

You have to make time. Be organized and build a schedule/plan and stick to it. You have to use technolgy to work smarter, not longer. You can be great by doing things right.

Time managment and orginazation skills are two of the most important things in this buisness. We do wear a lot of hats and must do each of them to the best of our ability to properly assist our students. Dont take short cuts, just prepare better

I like this comment because it's true that brining in the students and helping them adjust to student life is what makes a school.

Because we are considered the first point of contact in a new students eyes it is only natural for them to come to their admissions rep to get their questions answered. Retention improves when a student gets the answers they need sooner than later.

To be successful at any job, you will probably have to wear many hats. Scheduler. Presenter. Informer. Answer man/woman. Doing paperwork. It's a full-time job that requires lots of time and attention. Faliure in any of these areas will cause serious issues in other areas.

No it does not stop with the student starting classes. Students will go to whom they feel comfortable with regarding any questions or concerns they have in those first few weeks. When that happens I walk the student to the person that is best suited to answer the question and stay with them. This really helps the student feel more at ease.

We do wear many hats in our positions, but I definitely feel that establishing, building and keeping a rapore with each student is the success of any school.

Yes, we do!!!
We are leaders and motivators for our students but at the same time working through time management and making sure we can help all of them and still do our day to day tasks!!
But it is all worth it!! :]

It's easy as an admissions representative to spend the entire day time pounding the phones, meeting with first time appointments, completing enrollment paperwork, stitching-in enrollments,ect..but we must plan our busy days/schedules carefully and be sure to make time for our current students. It is critical to build trust and relationships during the admissions process, but maintaining what we have built will benefit retention, morale, and generate referals.

In the students eyes we are everything at the school. Any problems are always brought to us usually. You have to be transparent and be up for anything in Admissions. Counselor, friend, teacher, etc...

How important this is! I can see as a new admissions professional that the experienced ones who have buildt an excellent relationship/rapport - and maintain this effective relationship after the student starts school - is the one whose students stay and offer excellent referrals (who also become students!).

Agents do have a very strong influence over retention of students. Agents must remember that they are the front line of the college and they need to treat every interaction with the student as a very important one.

There is a great responsibility that comes with wearing many hats.  There can be an urge to bend rules when you are experiencing pressure to perform different tasks.  Strong managers need to be able to relay the importance of compliance over quanity.

Sign In to comment