Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Out of State Recruitment

I do believe it would be difficult to regulate every agent out there recruiting accross the United States for there school. There should be some form of national agency testing.

Resource notebook

It is very important to have all specific answers for prospective students

Module 4

Information and regulations are continually changing. Inorder to ensure you are within compliance it is important to keep up-to-date on all information.

Module 2

Interesting to learn there are so many types of refunds!

Module 1

Training is a crucial part of staying current on new regulations.

Advertising

What is the best form of Marketing for your school? How do you gauge a good campaign?

Advertising

How does your school measure the effectiveness of their advertising?

Grad Students

How does your school showcase your graduates?

How does your school provide graduate placement info?

Our school provides a website link that details all student placements.

What is your organization's policy on refunding application fees?

It is my belief that the application fee refund should be based on individual circumstances.

Another Question Regarding the Application Fee

A student graduates from a training program then decides to enroll in another. Do you charge the application fee again or waive it? Thanks.

Truth and honesty

I belive that your conduct in all phases, from enrollment to graduation will determine your sucess. It's great that we have these guidelines.

Picture

Is it acceptable to keep a photo of the applicant in their file to remember who they are? With interviewing so many people, it is difficult to remember. If a picture is kept, is it legal to send a photo to a potential client as part of a placement service?

Social Security Number

Since we take the social security number as part of the enrollment, I would imagine it is imperative to have the folders locked up.

Out of State Recruitment

Can we have student representatives (intern) on non-Ohio college campuses help us distribute information about our post graduate program?

Knowing your product

Knowing your product is very important in this field. Everything changes almost on a daily basis so you have to be on top of it. This also helps so that you are able to explain to potential students any and all of the knowledge necessary to have to complete the program.

The enrollment process

I believe that all of the regulations protects the students. I think that this is best for the student, school, and agent. The industry is suffering right now and I believe it is because of the practices of past agents and schools. It is vital to have this processes in place to protect the industry in whole.

Out-of-state schools that recruit in Ohio

I think that this would be extremly difficult to regulate. So does this mean that all of the agents at "the nations largest private school" have Ohio agent permits. (everyone knows who I am talking about.) Does that also mean that their agents also have permits from other states as well? This just seems really hard to track.

Good,clear information

This course answers questions that are asked all the time.

Admission Test Fear

Are student usually afraid of the Admission exams?