Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Understanding Your Institution

It is very important that you understand your institution so that you know exactly what you are selling to prospective students.

Agreed. It will also help you understand your school and believe in what you offer.

Agreed. I believe that knowing your product and school information-gives the student what's needed to make a sound decision.

It seems like there are constant changes and it is important to know what's going on to make sure you let students know what they can expect.

I agree. How can you possibly provide the best service to your prospective student if you don't understand your institution. By understanding your institution, you can provide a student with the information needed to not only determine if this program is the best option for them but if it is not a good option for them.

By knowing your institution inside and out, an Admissions Representative is able to answer any questions that may be asked by a prospective student. Having a deep knowledge of programs, students services and other important services makes a prosepective student feel more comfortable and thus more likely to enroll. When a student enrolls feeling comfortable and confident in your institution, it's a win win situation for everyone involved.

An agent should not be reprensenting an institution and it's programs if he/she does not believe in them and cannot fully describe them in detail.

I agree very much that one must believe in what they represent. I, for one, cannot work for a company that I do not feel carries strong ethical procedures. A prospective student can pick up if we have hesitation or doubt in what we are saying.

Agree, it is impossible to tell your students about what you really offer until you fully understand, youself, what your school really offers.

This is very true. Without proper knowledge you can be missing out on great student's to help.

Sign In to comment