Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

How does your school provide graduate placement info?

Our school provides a website link that details all student placements.

Our school not only provides graduate placement information to potential students via a website link, we also provide full graduate disclosures to all enrolled students via 2010 annual placement disclosure and have students sign off that they have received and reviewed the information prior to enrolling.

We provide an Annual Placement Disclosure, and take them to our Career Services Department for more clarification.

Written documentation provided to our students and our Career Services can discuss in detail and address specific questions

We provide graduate placement info in several ways. We list student names and they company that hired them on our website. We also showcase grad letters in our hallways so current students can see them. The third thing we do is have our placement director visit all classes once per week to talk about success stories, pump up students about opportunities, ect.

My Institution accomplishes this in a few ways. First, during the interview process we point the prospective student to the "student's right to know" section. This allows students to inform themselves of important consumer information, such as completion or placement rates. In order to maintain compliance, we never quote this information directly. Another way is to direct the prospective student to the career services department.

In the interview and on our web site we show a brochure that list percentages of placement and average annual salaries.

We don't actually place the students. We do provide career services that give the student the appropriate resources to obtain employment. Our statistics are based on those graduates who have a job in their related field of study.

Our school has a quick link to the internet to gain information and we also have a handout in our enrollment folders. If the potential student has further questions, we can refer them to our career services department for assistance.

My school provides this information before the student signs the enrollment agreement. They have to sign off of this later saying that they have seen it and understand it.

The school I work for provides a link as well!

Our school provides graduate placement information through our interview process. It is a requirement that I discuss what our career services does to actively assist students on their job search. I review the statistics for their individual program. This shows the most up to date information that out of all available students a certain percent were working in a field related to their program of study within six months of graduation.

Our school provides a link to that data. We also have a department that reports those stats.

Graduate placement info for the last 3 fiscal years is listed on our Application for Training. We discuss the data with each applicant during the interview process.

Our school discussed the information at our information session and again during the interview At orientation our campus director (placement manager) will discuss our placement scores and options with the students as well. It can change, so we always try to give the most up to date information. How do you update your information on your website to stay up to date with the rate?

Our career service department have posters up around the labs and in the student break areas. These posters show the current placement rate and top companies that have hired our graduates.

If a prospective graduate has specific questions regarding graduate placement,I share with them that we cannot gaurentee a job after graduation, however, during our tour I am going to introduce them to our Career Services department who will be able to share how they assist our students and graduates and where some of our successful our graduates are working!

We provide prospective students with statistics from the BLS website.

m
m

OUR SCHOOL PROVIDES THE INFORMATION TO EACH STUDENT AND DURRING THE APPLICATION PROCESS THEY MUST ESIGN THAT THEY HAVE READ AND ACKNOWLEDGE THE INFORMATION

Sign In to comment