Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Accreditation

I was surprised that accreditation was only voluntary. I thought that it was as important as licensure before taking this training.

Some schools assist with student housing.

Can u offer assist to a student if you do not have dorms on campus?

Campus Compliance Responsibilty

Just as it is our individual responsibility to ensure that our own personal compliance knowledge is current and that we are operating accordingly, I think we are each responsible to our campus to not ignore the non-compliant actions or statements of others. This is a difficult subject sometimes, but safeguarding the best interest of the student is non-negotiable.

Resource Notebook (New and Old documents)

I've found using a resource notebook is vital. I also never discard any old information, if something changes at our school I like to have the previous information.

refund policies

I am glad to see that refunds are given to students who provide the school with written cancellation w/in 5 days.

Salaries being 25% of income?

I am curious regarding the comment regarding the salary cap for reps being 25% of salary...I did not think any stipulations were still legal to recieve commissions?

keeping up to date with jobs

I think it's very important to keep up with employers. Students come to school not only to graduate, but to also find a career. By keeping in contact with employers, and the want ads, you can assess what job fields are in demand and you can also work with career services in helping students find a career within their major.

Resource material

Keeping resource material up to date is vital to the agent. Do all schools provide a location within the school where new updates can be easily accessed?

Marketing tools

agents going into different schools, should they be used also in the radio and tv marketing?

Accredidation

Upon meeting program requirements, does a school have to pay money accredited?

Cap and Gowns

should cap and gowns be worn for all graduation

Schools and Technology

I wonder how many schools have a facebook page. I know many schools take advantage of sending text messages to students for class cancellations and other important matters.

Financial Aid for students

I think it is a good idea for school to prepare all financial aide paperwork for students

Catalog Access

Prior to this training course, I didn't know how important it was that all students had access to the school catalog before enrollment.

Sports recruiting agent

While reading through the information about agents, I wondered how this applied to sports recruiting programs such as football.

Understanding Your Institution

It is very important that you understand your institution so that you know exactly what you are selling to prospective students.

State of Ohio Student Disclosure Form

In this section, it reads "Prior to completing an enrollment agreement, all potential students enrolled in an Ohio school must review and complete the State Board of Career Colleges and Schools' student disclosure form as required by the Board." Now, here's my question. How can a student review and complete the disclosure form before the enrollment agreement? The first item on the disclosure form is the enrollment agreement. Any thoughts?

The Admission Process and Paperwork

It is very important that you follow the admissions process so you stay within compliance. It is in your best interest of you and the prospective student to give the correct information so they are well informed of all of the right things.

Reporting Agent Violations

What if it were discovered that an agent from another school had been violating the policies outlined in this section? Would we have to report it to the school that agent works for? Or would we strictly report it to the Ohio Board? I wonder because if it were one of my co-workers the natural reaction would be to tell that person to stop, or to tell your boss about it. It would feel like a bias if I didn't try to treat both situations in the same manner. I guess I'm basically asking what is the operating procedure for… >>>

New Federal Rules as of July 1, 2011

As some of you may be aware, the U.S. Department of Education instituted several new rules that went into effect on July 1, 2011 that impact all schools that participate in federal financial aid programs. These new federal rules contain several new requirements regarding student disclosures and other policy chages that could affect the activities of admissions reps. Has your school instituted any new training initiatives to discuss these new federal rules?