Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Soft skill

In the job place soft skill in an important. Everyday we have faced a lot of difficulties and problems. To manage all these we have to apply some techniques.

Influencing Student Mood

I've noticed that one student with a bad attitude will definitely bring down student's around them. How can I stop this negativity from spreading in the class?

Soft Skills and body language

One important element in communicating information is awareness of body language and how important it can be to empower, include and elevate the person you are talking with. Sometimes it may be the way (tone, volume, pitch) of the communication the inclusion or exclusion of eye contact and posture that can add or deminish your message. Any thoughts?

Soft Skills

after reading the 1st part of this section, I am surprised at how much I already use soft skills in my class. I have also picked up some pointers that I will use in the future. has anyone else used soft skills as much as the section talks about?

Soft vs Technical Skills

Great course and was able to understand the difference between both skills. The ability to interact more with my students which results in better communication; their trust and focus when we are in a group or one on one

Assessing Writing Skills

As an instructor in a diploma program at a career college, I find it very difficult to assign writing assignments. The demographic of the students in my classes is not the typical college-level student. Some can only read on a third grade level. Most can not spell and have no concept of grammar. Technology makes it worse. It is as though many students have forgotten how to write anything not in text-message format.Considering that the courses I teach are lab courses that have no relation to English, grammar, or writing in the course content, it is nearly impossible to incorporate… >>>

Soft Skills

I really enjoyed this course. Not only did it remind me of how important having these types of skills is, but it reminded me that I need to be sure I am grooming these types of skills in my students. As professors we sometimes focus so much on the learning of the materials and objectives that we forget there are other skills important to our student's careers. I teach many of these same topics in my Organizational Behavior class, but I will now remember to go over some of these important soft skills and positive workplace behaviors in all of… >>>

Effective Communication

In the food business, working with others is part of the job. This business is team-orientated. Consequently, good communication skills are essential to having a successful team/operation. One place where communicaation is critical is writing recipes. A poorly written recipe with misspelling, poor grammar and lack of order in procedures has no place in our business. Understanding the product and the desired results are totally enhaced with clear, concise and easy to follow instructions.

Always a learner

I know that we never stop learning, for as long as I have been teaching I am still in a continual learning pprocess to keep up with the advances occuring daily in my industry. Industry is always evolving and my students have shared ideas and information about our industry that I find very useful. It's hard to keep up daily with some changes, so I always welcome news from students that I can share with others. Togeter we help each other learn.

Soft Skills or People Skills in a Highly Technical World

This century offers an opportunity to explore the vital importance of enhancing or developing our soft skills as we also relate to the challenges of the technical world. I observe that due to our high tech industry wherein people no longer relate with each other on a face-to-face basis but more so "texting" each other; I believe that we as a culture will be more prone to relate with technical gadgets and therefore lose the beauty and wonder of relating on a human level.

Soft v Hard skills

I am in total agreement that soft skills should dominate an instructors interaction within a classroom. The management of emotions, being an effective team player, common sense, and that positive attitude will increase your value as a instructor. I find no fault with the presentation.

soft skills

To get a student to understand your uniformed my be in full compliance is rough..To look Good on your interview for the first time and wont get another is sooo important!! It Represents you as a whole, sorry Kid you look a mess- is that how you work?? Next!!

Teamwork

A lot of students do need this I find in a world with computers you can be isolated.

Teamwork

Students working as a team toward a common goal, share responsibilities and this experience would be really helpful to success as professionals.

Screaming Golden Rule!!

Golden Rule: Treat others the way you would like to be treated yourself. Silver Rule: Don't treat others the way you do not want to be treated. After finishing this course, People skills, Soft skill and EQ., I find myself thinking this all releates to the Golden Rule. When I talk, I want you to listen, therefore I listen to you. When I make a mistake I want you to help me correct it as I would help you.(constructive feedback)When I don't feel like doing it I want you to push me along as I would push you.(Motivating others)The list… >>>

Soft skills versus technical skills.

To be an effective teacher, soft skills needs to be at a much higher level that technical skills. You need to be able to associate well with the people you are teaching, the technical skills you already have will be easier to facilitate to your students.

Soft Skills

Soft Skills are very important because they allow you connect with your students. Our soft skills allow the student to realize that we are humans just as they are and we are here to help them grow.

Lifetime Learner

I belive that we never stop learning. I have been teaching for three years and I am still in a continual learning pprocess to keep up with the advances occuring daily in my industry. Even my students have ideas and information to share about our industry that I may not be awrare of. They can provide a wide range of information that I can share with my next class.

Soft Skills vs. Professionalism

Discuss how soft skills contribute to your professionalism.

soft skills

I teach soft skills in my professionalism class - this was helpful not only to me as an individual instructor but also for my course content