Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Always a learner

I know that we never stop learning, for as long as I have been teaching I am still in a continual learning pprocess to keep up with the advances occuring daily in my industry. Industry is always evolving and my students have shared ideas and information about our industry that I find very useful. It's hard to keep up daily with some changes, so I always welcome news from students that I can share with others. Togeter we help each other learn.

While I work each day in the profession I teach, I also find that I am always learning new things. It is refreshing to hear students discuss ideal situations and look at matters from a "by the book" standpoint. Being in the profession, you sometimes lose track of that.

Mark,
Thank goodness we never stop learning! The world has something new to offer each and every day!

Shelly Crider

Shimeka,
It is very refreshing to hear students! We all get in a rut and need to see things a bit different on occassion!

Shelly Crider

I try to find something new to learn about each day. Whether its big, small, or just a little useless piece of knowledge.

Justian,
Useless information can be a great deal in the discussion area!!

Shelly Crider

I definitely agree we are always learning. I learn so much from my students. I am constantly searching for new information in anything that can relate to what I do. I also challenge my students to not get stuck in their ways because something new and better is always showing up. If we don't keep up with these things then someone else that does keep up with it will do our job better.

Susan,
I think challenging the students is a great way to keep them motivated.

Shelly Crider

I see myself on a life-long journey, connecting the dots as I go. So often, students assess what they think they need to know in the short term, without considering long-term applications. I work everyday to show them learning as a way of life offers a much more interesting world.

Cheryl,
I like how you say "connecting the dots as I go"! That is an awesome analogy!

Shelly Crider

I learn every time I teach, whether its about the topic at hand, the students or even something about myself.

Michael,
Oh so do I!! Some items very useful, some not so much!!

Shelly Crider

Mark;
I agree-I learn something new in every clinic session with dental hygiene students. Learning can come from how the patient presents or from the student and sometimes both.

Sign In to comment