Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Adaptive Learning Beyond Today | Origin: ED123

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Adaptive Learning in Education --> Adaptive Learning Beyond Today

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Adaptive Learning will not substitude the teacher but will change the way to do it.

Incorporating gaminng technology will broaden the amount of students that will be interest in learning.

Since Adaptive Learning can be tailored to the student's background and previous knowledge, it can be very useful to be able to create a program that will be more likely to encourage the students instead of frustrating them.

It is more dinamic!

I am leaning towards believing that adaptive learning will become the new norm in educational institutions. AL is becoming more sophisticated while appealing to a wide variety of students. However, adaptive learning won’t replace teachers, just change how we teach and how the students learn.

As the Module says, adoptive learning will become more and more norm for educationall institutions (sooner or later) as the technology advances, gets faster and evetually cheaper with ight volume demand. So we as teacher must prepare ourselves to accept this change with open mind and come out of resistence. Regardless of situation adiopted learning will not replace needs for teachers, it will just change how we will be teaching in our classrooms or online.

Reply to Francisco Gonzalez's post:I agree with you here Francisco and just to add my little thoughts to your nice post, adoptive learning must be prepared in such a way that is neutral for all student with option of customization for adjustments based on the overall outcomes or end results. Thank you. Anwar

I learned the different methods used in adaptive learning and how it suits diiferent learning styles.

I read the same kind of thoughts on gamification 18 years ago while doing graduate work. It's exciting to see the potential even still!

I have leaned a lot about Adaptive learning, which is new to me. I would love to try this out in my class.

I am leaning towards believing that adaptive learning will become the new norm in educational institutions. AL is becoming more sophisticated while appealing to a wide variety of students. However, adaptive learning won’t replace teachers, just change how we teach and how the students learn.

I was not aware of the concept of "Gamification." I think in todays world this is going to be a very benefical tool.

Adaptive learning can change the way we teach but time will tell on how well it works.

I have added more gamification to my course this year using Blooket and I was amazed how much more of the terminology my students retained at the end of the course and they wanted to do it.

Adaptive learning may require more work upfront, but can free up classroom content time to focus on individul benchmarks.

Comment on micah sapp's post: I think gamification is just a buzz word to excite the kids.  It has been around; used as motivators, skill testers; icebreakers.

There is a huge generation span of gamers, so this qualifier makes a lot of sense

Adaptive learning will give a more dynamic way for student/ teacher interaction to help improve the ability for the student to learn.

I really like the idea of student-centered learning and encouraging individual responsibility for learning, but I worry about our kids' ability to interact in the world beyond a screen. I think we need less technology in the classroom, not more. 

Sign In to comment