Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Branding and marketing is not normally shared but based on this section, it should be shared and folks should be working hand and hand with admissions

This section reviewed advertisements as well as program directing.

It's important to know about the additional services your organization will provide especially as it  relates to program completion and career placement. Marketing is up to the institution, but still regulated. No ads are permitted in help wanted ads.

I have learned that we are more then just an Admissions counselor, or whatever your School calls you, we are the bridge between most things students and school. That is a huge responsibility and something we should take as a badge of honor, there is so much we can learn for the students to help them relate. We can also learn so much from our peers at work from advertising & marketing campaigns, student services, and most importantly all of our policies and procedures to follow.

Hello colleagues. As well we were able to know in this part of the training; It is important to know how the institution in which we work works; your study programs, scholarships, payment facilities, financial aid for students, etc. It is also important to have a personalized attention approach to each student who enters through each of the various marketing campaigns, offering them all the information on the study program of interest. The counselor must make use of his best virtues, honesty, ethics, professionalism, etc.

Reply to Laura Ricci's post: I'm agree with you Ms. Laura

In this module I learned that each institution is different. They have different policies, procedures, and operating manuals. 

It is important to know the organizational structure, policies and procedures, educational programs, student services and marketing strategies of your institution. If you do not know, it is your responsibility to find out in order to better advise prospective students.

It is vital to connect with other departments at your institution

To assist the institution to stay in compliance 

First and foremost... walk a mile in my shoes for both the admission personnel to develop a deep understanding of the organization as well as their services. Same for the prospective students. They should have full access to all information including the ability to discuss and ask questions. Although Marketing is not controlled, it abides by regulations. 

Collaboration and team work from other departments within the institution will go a long way for the benefit of the student and his/her future carrer preparation. 

I learned different ways to advertise to potential students. And different ways to learn about the institution's program.

Familiarize myself with my institutions marketing strategies.  

Make a point to understand what types of marketing your institution uses and ensure it follows Fair Consumer Practices

The chart is a helpful way in breaking down the specifics of the different programs.

No need for a "Formal" marketing plan

It's always important to know the institutions advertizing methods and the accurate program information to provide the student with the proper explanation of the programs offered at the school.

I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT THE RULES GOVERNING ADVERTISEMENT.I have learned the importance of class participation for the successful explanation of each program. Understand the strategic marketing of the institution to understand which is the one that gives the greatest strength to it.

Through this section of the training, I was able to better understand the important role of other areas such as student services, career services, and the marketing team. Understanding their position in the school, how they support the students and how that information can be utilized through the admissions process 

Sign In to comment