Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is important to be aware of the student services that are offered to support student's through their time with the institution.  Being aware of different methods of marketing will support the admissions staff as well in knowing what methods of advertising exist to engage prospective students to inquire.

I learned that is is important to offer many services and assistance program to improve retention.  

I enjoyed reading about all of the different departments and their roles in ensuring student success.

I learned about the different student services offered at each institution and how important it is to communicate what my institution offers to students. Students may be apprehensive about starting school and knowing what support systems are in place can really help ease that fear. 

This module learned the methods of institution to capt the attetion of prospect student. 

I believe in utilizing all of the reesources that are available to ourselves and more importantly ourstudents. If we fully understand the availale resources, we can better communicate them to our students.

Understanding the Institution and the different programs and services is fundamental in order to provide the best possible assistance to students before, during, and after the admission process.

Always ask for the sale and know what you are talking about!

I learned that sitting in on classes, talking with intructors about the classes they teach make it easier to explain to students and gives them an idea of what to expect.  Also a Institution does not have to have a formal marketing plan but it must adhere to Fair Consumer Laws

In this module, my knowledge of the varying disciplines of admissions advanced to include different programs, student services, marketing,  other resources that are essential to the success of an institution's students. 

i learned that while programs and content vary from instution to institution, they must all adhere to the guidelines found in the commisisin statement.

I have learned about different ways to attain information about different programs at the institution. Speaking to former graduates, sitting in on classes and experiencing what a student goes through in the classroom all helps to express to your future student how the school will benefit them.

I learned that there are different career services and programs at every school and that I need to learn that information to help my students better in the future. 

After reviewing this section I understand it is important for me to know the programs we have available so I can help students chose the best path.  I also learned about how advertising in these institutions works. 

Students are not only looking to get an academic degree, but also to get a job on their field of study.

All institutions are not the same and operate differently.

I learned from this module is to network, network, network. Get to know all your departments. Build a rapport with each other and create new opportunities for student growth and development. 

Knowing how your institution operates is very important. Student services, such as job placement and housing etc. The way the advertises can't be deceitful because false advertisement is unethical according to CIE. Knowing aboutthe programs in your institution makes you look like a better admission advisor when you speak to a prospective student.

The best way to know more about your school is not only to read it in the catalog, but to interact as much as possible with other levels of the institution and education.

There are so many ways to get the advertising from a business such as printed ads, the radio, direct mail, direct email, flyers, attending events, and lead generation companies. 

Sign In to comment