Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What stood out for me was the do not call list. I knew about this from a prior job but the detail that goes in to it really blew my mind. That fine for $42,530, is NO JOKE.

While I understood the concept of transparency, it is interesting to see the consequences of such actions on non transparency. The school has a high level of responsibility in ensuring that all of it's employees act in the best interest of the students. It only takes one person to put the institution at risk. 

It is so important that you go by these regulations. When you get so use to being in an industry for so long you get comfortable in thinking that you can switch thing up. But with compliance you have to make sure you stick to the rules because it not only can hurt your company, but it can also hurt the student and yourself as well. 

Doing the right thing is good for everybody, especially students who should always be our focus. 

Very helpful Module. Very import to following all rules and guidelines. Always be open and honest with your students. 

Honesty is the best policy. Misrepresentation IS A NO NO!

I've learned the importance of following all state and federal rules and regulations, in order to maintain compliance. I also appreciated the emphasis on integrity and honesty in all aspects of your organization in order to ensure that compliance is properly followed and maintained. It was also, interesting learning about the laws regarding the ATB program and such in lieu of a HS diploma or equivalent. 

Doing the right things means acting in the best interest of the student at all times. Although there are legal parameters and resulting consequences for violation, it is best that we are honest and transparent while respecting the requests of the students on communication and outreach. I appreciate the thorough knowledge given to remind us of the legal requirements that are in place and the value they bring to the students and how we conduct ourselves in the business of education. 

I didn't know you could get penalized with a hefty fine if the incorrect questions are asked.  You must follow all rules within compliance standards that is set by the institution, as well as regulations to keeping students and the institution open.  Honesty is the best policy and providing the correct information is vital to the success of the institution.  

This was a great reminder of the importance of compliance and integrity. Following the regulations and rules are set-forth to not only protect the student but the institution of higher learning. 

All rules,  laws and responsibilities in enrolling students in universities is beneficial for everyone in the academic institution.

There are many regulations that I was not aware of. I knew I had to be adhered  by the State and Federal regulations while operating with my customers. But I am so impressed to learn about the "Do-Not-Call guidelines and penalities". 

I really liked that it gave information about honesty and always offering real and current information, nothing about trying to pretend things that are not true that could confuse the student or create or give false expectation. It fits my personal style and since I like to work, I don't like to lie and /or offer incorrect or untrue information. 

It's important to be as honest as you can be. Any misleading information could be used against t the institution and devaluate the name and reputation.  Honesty comes before anything, everything in the long run will come out to light. 

It is important to understand the elements of the CAN-SPAM Act to avoid penalties, which can be costly. Marketing departments should be required to complete training on CAN-SPAM and DNC annually.

There are many legality repercussions affiliated with post-secondary schools. Therefore, it is important to comply with the regulations established. Misrepresentation is also another topic I learned more about in this section. 

In this course I've learned how important it it to accurately provide all necessary information to students to avoid misrepresentation or misleading statements. The laws and policies reviewed in this section ensures all schools follow the same ethical and honest communication expectations. 

That there are regulations to governs how school and institutions operate under the Program Integrity when it comes to gainful employment. I give guidelines as to what can and cannot be used to enroll students that uses title IV financial aid. Also, gives clear guidelines for contacting students after the student has contact the school.

I want to apply the do and don't when you are providing Servies to a student and when you are sending or sharing information base on email or phone. 

I learned a great deal in this section. It is important to understand the penalties surrounding student contact and the importance of all the rules an regulations.

Sign In to comment