Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This confirmed to always do what's in the best interest of the student.

Any request by potential students to opt-out must never be ignored but addressed immediately.  Assuring that our Admissions Advisors understand the law and repercussions is key to staying compliant.  

There was alot of important information in this segment!  It is important to be honest and uphold federal and state standards by not misrepresenting an institution to others, including prospective students, faculty, and staff.  There are fines associated with misrepresentation.  Misrepresentation can be done in person, through email, through telephone calls, etc.  If a student requests not be be called or to receive emails, it is important to follow their wishes.

This was a very informative section that, at its core, highlights the importance of being honest with students and not using false pretenses to attract them. Furthermore, hounding potential students via email messages or phone calls is unacceptable even by a third-party. If the school hired that third party, then they are still rightly responsible for the actions that are performed in their name. 

We learned  importance of student interest. We must always keep this in mind. 

What I found most interesting was the Do Not Call and CAN-SPAM. At the time our school is not dealing with Title IV payments.

Many rules and regulations to working at pos-tsecondary school. These laws are there to protect individuals and set guidelines for schools.

There was a lot to consume in this section of compliance training having never been in the education industry.  What hit home most for me were the consequences of non-compliance.  

I learned about regulatory oversight of Higher Ed.I learned about Can-Spam and do not call and the penalties

There was a lot of information!  Always do the right the thing - by the student, for yourself, and for the company.  I didn't realize the cost of violating a DNC.  Also - being honest w/ students to ensure they understand their program, financial plan, etc. 

It is important to be ethical and honest in everything you do. Using good common sense and focusing on "doing the right thing" all the time will set you up for success. If you're not sure how to handle a situation, just ask. It's as simple as that.

This was quite informative about rules in place for SPAM correspondence and how they apply to the schools reaching out to students regarding finance. Also, guidelines for running institutions like this for employees as well as the Post-Secondary schools. I believe the regulations insure to keep the schools  fair and transparent. 

Just learned that DNC an how mush the penalty of calling just ingeneral have in intregrity!!

There was some very critical information that was presented in this segment. It is important to follow state and local policy that are established. The school's guidelines and policy are also very important for compliance. This has to be completed using honesty and intergrity.

This training highlights the importance of compliance and regulations as it pertains to higher education, communication and dealing with students. I particularly appreciated the scenatrios highlighted within the training as it showed clearly what are the acceptable outcomes. It also shows that it is really important not to be misleading when communicating with students. 

As admissions advisors, we hold a lot of responsibility when it comes to compliance and acting in the best interest of our prospective students. Having worked in admissions before, I am familiar with complaince, misrepresentation, and the DNC. Today I learned something new though about CAN-SPAM. In admissions we are able to use many different methods of communication including text and email, but it is important to make sure students consent to these messages and to also make sure they are different enough to not be considered as Spam or mass marketing. 

Transparency is extremely important to avoid pitfalls. 

There was a lot of things to learn and to implement. One of them to make sure the student is valued. In some of the secession and simulator we have to make sure we choose our words very carefully, so that we don't say something else. Also to stay in complicance with everything and making sure to allocate everythng properly. 

There are many grounds to cover in terms of the legal responsibility of an educational institution and it is the institution's responsibility to stay up to date with those laws and regulations. It is very easy to have educational colleges reputation demolished due to a negative experience. As an educational institution we have a lot of responsibility with our organization and our students. Laws are changing and it is our responsibility to stay in the know just like the examples of title IV. We cannot provide false information or promises to future or current students. 

This course was great!

Hannah C.

I agree that doing the right thing is best for the school and more importantly for the students.  I believe in a well-trained staff and keeping a vigilant eye on what is said and what is sent in an email and/or text.

Sign In to comment