Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It's interesting to know that there is a penalty of up to $42,530 for noncompliance from email "spamming" students and potential students. Opt-outs must be taken very seriously.

This information is very relevant and important, especially learning more information on the "Do not Call List" and the penalty.  It is important to follow the rulese and regulations for all institutions.    

I did not realize the extent of regulations and rules for higher education insitutes ,especailly the DNC list. It takes everyone to be on the same page and up to date on regulations to ensure that one does not msitakenly break one of the regulations/rules. 

We must be compliant at all times and never deviate from that. 

I learned the importance of integrity within the institution specially on the call lists . I plan to follow and apply them by explaining and guiding the students . 

You should always do the right thing and follow all the rules and compliance standards. 

I didn' t realize that the DNC Registry had been in existence for almost 20 years now.

I found it interesting that the Act allows for a way around the high school documents. Many students have lived through disasters that destroy their documents and it feels like an added punishment to keep them out of school because they can't produce the documents. The literature notes that if a student completes at least 6 credits this can be accepted as High School. The information on Do Not call is a major one as well as the CanSPAM. At my institution, once a student opts out of an email, the system automatically puts him/her in the Do Not Email category. Only the manager of the department can reverse this and must provide supporting documents that the student authorizes emails. If a student re-inquires after choosing the DNC, this is taken as a new transaction so the rep. can call again. 

Well I now understand why in most text when I'm being shown commercial ads they give me an option to opt out which I'm always so grateful for they do it so that they won't get it in any problem with the law. I will make sure to do the same thing if I decided to send any student anything commercial too and it won't ask for money or send them to a website, either. When I'm sending a student a message I won't use deceptive subject lines and my domain name and email address will be accurate. 

My understanding from this section is to follow all rules and compliance standards set by the instituion especially when it comes to students and keeping the institution open. Staying honest and not lying or embellishing information is vital to the success of a college/university.

Doing the Right Thing is so important not just in this industry, but in any business/organization.  I've learned that to keep your school open and operating at the highest level...compliance is the number 1 ingredient by far.  If you practice "Doing the Right Thing" daily, it makes life easier for yourself, the student, the campus and the organization as a whole.

Do the right thing!

Following the rules and regulations is mandatory.

Following all State and Federal Laws is a must.

Be upfront and honest with all clients.

Pay close attention to the DNC!

It was a great refresher in Federal Regulations in Post Secondary school systems and why transperancy is important to maintain. It was also interesting to me that NC-SARA is not utilized in the state of CA. Another point that I never realized was the high dollar amount in fines per incident regarding student contacting and DNCL.

The rules are there so follow them! Not being in compliance with the specified regulations will cost the institution a nice chunk of money. Having integrity can go a long way and being honest is always the best medicine. Show that sense of urgency but also be mindful that our students are humans that may need an extra accomodation such as the "child care" scenerio in one of the previous segments. Compliance! Compliance! Compliance!

There are penalties when not following compliance guidelines that are set. Always do what is right and always follow the guideline set by compliance.

Great information on personal responsibility for providing accurate and honest information to students. The max fine for the Do not call list was a little shocking!

Sign In to comment