Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned about the approved ATB tests. I did not know that was an options for students who did not graduate high school.

When reading this section I learned a lot about regulations when dealing with certain wording with the students. One thing that stuck out to me specifically was to stay away from words such as, "best, state of the art, etc." I think making sure you're being accurate rather than opininated are important factors to helping a prospective student make a clear and concise decision to enroll into your institution. Also reading about the penalty fee for DNC was really eye opening. It's important to follow and not get an almost $40,000 fine. 

It is important for institutions to be honest and transparent with students throughout the entire process, from the application phase all the way through the program.  Honestly and transparency will help students know what to expect and will prevent miscommunication that could lead to potential problems.  Institutions must be aware of all of the regulations so they can remain operable.  Mistakes could cause serious fines or even shutting down of the school.

The bottom line is to know the rules/regulations to ensure your school is ethical.  Your reputation is on the line if a staff member goes outside of the rules just to get students enrolled and/or to keep them enrolled.  Integrity counts!

Admission representatives must always be honest and truthful about any information regarding the college or it could lose accreditation. News media utilizes "mystery shoppers" to get information if consumer rights and protection are being uphold in any education facility that have federal financial support. The DNC must not be violated otherwise theres is a hefty fine that could be charged per incident. 

It's very important to stay honest and compliant be truthful and thoughtful 

It boils down to transparency. Do not promise what you can't deliver. Rules and regulations are there for a reason, they need to be followed to avoid penalty or paying huge fines.

It's important to be truthful and uphold all state and federal laws. There are consequences when miss repersenting students, faculity and staff. Making mistakes can cost the school money, creditations as well as your job.  You can misrepresent in person, emails and telephone calls. Make sure if asked to DNC, that you respect their wishes in a timley fashion. 

This is an interesting module as I never thought of this relating to information overload for students, but it indeed makes sense. I did not realize the high cost either of not following these regulations of the Do Not Call Resistry, an eye opener for sure!

'You cant know someone's journey until you have walked in their shoes'. This is how i felt going through this first module. The industry has so many rules and regulations for proper conduct and keeping complient. Getting them correctly and doing them well on a consistent basis augurs well for the credibility and logevity of the institution. 

I honestly had no idea that contacting potential students would/could fall under spam or violations for the do not call lists. As a marketing representative, it's extremely important that I stay cognizant of this when we send out promotional emails and leave messages for students. In marketing, clickbait is a thing and clearly this module tells us there is a hefty fine for using clickbait subject lines.  

I have learn how to handle email

Following the rules and regulations are required for any institution especially post seondary education

The ruels and regulations in place are their to keep the integrity of the institiution. It is important the keep up to date on all of the changes that are made each year to anything regarding Title IV funding, or any other changes made by the U.S. Department of Education. Also the way in which to approach such changes with regards to students. Also that the charge for contacting someone after they are put into DNC status can be charged $42,503 per incident. 

Before printing anything, it is good to have several eyes on the material to ensure it  follows the rules and regulations that are current.

So far, what I read made sense: be upfront, honest and transparent, respect one's choice of not being contacted. I have limited contact with prospective students and I communicate with current students through means of e-mails, MS Teams and LMS platform that they use for our institution.

In this module I learned that practicing consistent integrity is an important aspect of the Admission Advisor's role. It's important to be honest with our student's so they can trust us and help build an outstanding reputation for our school. Also, it's imperative to keep up to date with rules and regulations. 

There was alot of important information in the segments. I didnt know there was that much compliance to maintain. Glad for the program!!!

Debbie McClendon

Great Information,

It is very important to be honest with clients and students concerning the process and policies of the institution.

I think we know what is right abd wrong. If you are trying to take advantage of someone in any way, then you should not do it. Are the penalties a good deterrant. I would like to see numbers on how many penalties were collected. 

Sign In to comment