Doing the Right Thing | Origin: CM102
This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:
Raising the Bar - Compliant Communications with Students --> Doing the Right Thing
Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.
This module taught me about compliance and misleading information. Definitely will be using only factual information when speaking to students.
The module taught me that compliance and transparency are absolute. I intend to apply this by providing fully accurate information and immediately honoring student privacy preferences across all communication channels
I believe that this training is insightful and it reminds us professionals, of our daily obligations which is to be honest, fair, and integral
Accuracy and honesty, integrity, with perspective students is paramount. It reflects on the institution as a whole and can have federal level penalties for knowingly providing false information. If you are unsure of the answer, it's best to say that you will look into the matter and get back to them, when possible, with accurate information.
I learned that doing the right thing in compliance means communicating clearly, accurately, and professionally with students.
The goal is to protect students and make sure the school communicates honestly, follows federal/state regulations, respect students' communication preferences and does not withhold important information.
I learned about the different categories of regulation and how they contribute to protecting student information.
I have learned that there are many national and state level regulations that require institutions to protect student information
remaining compliant to your company policy's are important to keep every student up to date when interacting with students.
I learned the do's and dont's of following regulations and how they can affect the institution.
Even "Bill collectors" are subjected to regulations, regardless of if they are an "exception" to the Do Not Call list.
I learned the importance of following regulations while proving students with accurate information and quality support. This training reminded me that students rely on our guidance, and it is our responsibility to ensure the information we provide is correct and compliant
I learned that compliance keeps faculty and staff aligned and helps us serve students better.
Compliance is multifactored and multipurposed for several reasons. When not in compliance, reputation and regulations are at stake. However, when in compliance; operations and expectations set the standard for efficiency, effectiveness, and proper protocols. Lastly, our students are trusting us to do the right thing even when no one is looking.
Compliance is important for every aspect of a student's college career. The college can be fined for calls made to a student on the DNC list.
Rules and regulations are in place to keep the company from harm. DNC is in place to reduce nuisance call and violations are $42,530. Also July 2012 US Department released FA shopping sheet.
I learned that the reasons it is important to follow all compliance rules and guidelines.
I learned that in 2003, the Federal Trade Commission opened the National Do Not Call (DNC) Registry to give individuals a way to reduce nuisance calls.
Compliance is truly a cross-functional responsibility. It intersects with all areas: admissions, enrollment, financial aid, registration, and student support!