Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The instructor must be recognize the difficulties of the students when the students committ errors and difficulties in the knowing the communication skills on technology.

El conocer las generaciones nos dan una gran oportunidad de desarrollar procesos educativos adecuados a sus necesidades y poder ser pertinentes.

The importance of the communication diferentiation between generations. Different languages exist. The importamce of using various technoly tools.

Communication misunderstanding will always happened, but it’s important to establish clear rules to a successful online course.

According to the generation, the communication is developed. You can see differences in every generation in their ways to communicate as well as cultural details.

Its is very important for proffesor explain the differents forms of communications in a course because it helps them to be prepared.

The instructor will share some suggestions to the students about efficient communication in online courses. The instructor should: personalize the environment, encourage introductions, provide timely feedback, model correct grammar, spelling, appropriate writing style, be visible online, establish clear guidelines for participation.

I learned the definition of the different generations and how to work with them.

I have learned to make sure all rules and expectations are clearly stated in the syllabus.  Different generations communicate differently so different ways of delivering content should be considered in a diverse student population.  Allowing time for students to provide an answer is a good way to provoke critical thinking skills.

Students qualities to be successful in an online course:

• Open-mindedness
  • Communication (written and verbal)
  • Self-motivation
  • Self-discipline
  • Time management
  • Computer competency
  • Critical thinking
  • Teamwork

Instructors need to be aware of the differences in generational characteristics and expectations regarding communication. Instructors should have clearly delineated expectations for their students regarding appropriate communication within the boundaries of the course. The syllabus is the best place to articulate these expectations. The instructor should then model the expectations throughout their time in the course.

It is very important to dvelop online skills to be succesfull in an online course.

Recognizing the importance of communication in the education process and understanding the generational mix in distance education is essential to achieve learning.

In this module, I have learned to tell students the amount of participation and writing involved in the course and if they need technical knowledge or specific software. I will apply a document in my courses so that students are aware of all the requirements and expectations of the course.

Dear Peers,

The use of the webcam to make your students visible it should be mandatory or not?

It is crazy how different Millennials are from Gen Z!

If you are frustrated with a student, do not send "tha email" right away, draft it and review it later in the day.

I know will use discussion boards to prevent email fatigue. I previoulsy had not used this but find it will help to have students actively helping eachotehr and able to review the previously asked questions.

It is important to ensure the teaching style will fit with all age groups and to a diverse population of studetnts.  Students must be open minded, have self-motivation and discipline in order to be successful in an online course.   

To assist in facilitating communication in the online environment, instructors should personalize their communication and encourage interactions between peers, through way of introduction. Timely feedback is critical to student engagement and success. Modeling proper grammar and writing is important as well as providing constructive feedback related to a student's writing abilities. Setting clear expectation for engagement is important.

Sign In to comment