Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Make the syllabus dynamic by asking students for feedback. Use tools to make classes engaging and collaborative. Allow them to present ideas anonymously. 

The instructional delivery method for a course describes how the teacher will offer a course. Effective communication is essential. Students have to understand the instructions clearly.

The course syllabus serves as a roadmap for the student to identify the course information such as a detailed outline and a summary of the course. It helps in identifying the sources of references used in the course including the background information about the professor.

I was most intrigued by the idea of a 'dynamic syllabus'; I think often we build our syllabus completely & then put it to the side until we need to reference something or we get of "schedule". 

The syllabus is the guide to navigating the course. As the instructor, it is up to me to facilitate the learning process and support it with tools and prior knowledge applied to learning concepts.

I learned that the syllabus must have thorough information in order for the students to know what is expected of them in the course.  The instructor must be prepared and ensure that the students are ready for class.

A better understanding of scaffolding in education

Keeping lessons student-centered and including scaffolding and reinforcement where appropriate.

Keep the learning fun and change it up to keep students interested.

I have learned the instructor should work to keep the students engaged to improve their learning success. Having a dynamic syllabus allows the instructor to make changes as needed, and even take suggestions from students. 

Developing a syllabus creates a chronologic order guide for students to understand and make sense of the course guide and expectations.

I enjoyed learning about scaffolding.

I have learned about Scaffolding which has good approach to student learning and is very helpful method to focus on as instructor. 

I have learned about creating a dynamic syllabus, and the differences between a flat online syllabus and a dynamic syllabus.  I also learned about online learning communities, effective communication, and scaffolding.

Making use of website tools over flat syllabi is important to make sure the message of what is expected is clear. 

I now know the 3 most effective methods for online group discussions.

I learned collaboration & communication is essential tools in developing online community

Scaffolding is a critical eight step process achieved through asynchronous discussions and the efforts of the instructor. The syllabus should be dynamic and throughout the course, the instructor should utilize engaging resources throughout. 

A dynamic Syllabus is a concept I did not know.  I believe that evolution a class during a semester, requires really a Syllabus adjustments that better fit the education delivery progress.

Use online tools and a dynamic syllabus to encourage course engagement.

Sign In to comment