Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned I'm more of a facilitator than teacher per se; I need to foster a learner- and student-centered environment instead of focusing on just presenting content.

I have mostly done a mixture of teacher-centered and student-centered courses but after this module, I want to go more toward student-centered learning to increase and enhance student engagement.

An instructor is a coach, encourager, communicator, and must be a good listener! Communication and feedback are essential!

communication ,feedback {always be constructive} be ready to tweak your teaching style good rapport with your students encourage participation constantly evaluate how useful it is engage your students and listen to them

My biggest takeawys from this moduale are: creating a communication framework; setting clear student and instructor guidelines as far as communication; and providing clear, specific, feedback to discussion forum posts. Also, remembering that we should always be modeling good communication strategies. 

I think what am impact a true faculty can make in regards to the many hats we wear.  It truly fits that a faculty is a learning facilitator, social director, techincal support and more all in one. 

To make sure the assignments are clear so there isn't any confusion.  If you expect students to do well on a assignment and multiple students don't do well, the instructure may have not explained things clearly.

Due to differentiated learning styles, it is helpful for instructors and students to establish an open line of communication to ensure a clear and effective lesson.

I have often thought that students who were online learners were self-motivated on their own. And now I feel that is not always the case. I need to be more of a facilitator and work with the students to understand what I am trying to convey to them. Typically, my syllabus has been on-ground for students, and now I am learning to put in an online-based section, and cut out on-ground sections. This has not been easy, and I am trying to work through errors so students can benefit from having what is expected of them.  

Communication, fostering a learner-centered environment, structuring problem-based learning, and providing meaningful, informative feedback are all essential tasks for instructors. However, students are responsible for their own learning and providing informative feedback makes instructors a "guide on the side."

As a facilitator it is essential to provide timely feedback to students. It is also improtnat to promote student engagement to ultimately increase learning.

positive engagment and open communication helps prevent lack of participation

Successful students require feedback. Additionally, courses need to be evaluated and re-evaluted and improved upon. Providing feedback to students and getting feedback from students is critical. 

An online instructor plays many roles. One of the most important, is the "guide on the side". Provide students with the tools, content, and support necessary for success. Feedback is key!

In order to have a successful online course, an instructor must use the syllabus to communicate to the students what is expected from them in the class. Use evaluations and assessments done by students to determine how successful your deliver of the course was.

Online Instructors have many roles: instructor, social and program directors as well as tech support.  Students need to know what is expected per the instructor and clearly stated in the syllabus.  Students also need to know how to clearly use the technology provided.  Instructional feedback is most important form of communication with students, but there may be various ways to enhance discussions, engagement among and between students as well as with the instructor.

CTC

This block did a good job of explaining the role of the instructor as a facilitator. I am currently assisting with virtual learning for a 4th grade class and it is challenge to keep them engaged and to really know how well they are following a lesson.

Online teaching can be difficult to actively engage students, it is important to try different methods to engage.

As an instructor we have other responsibilities to ensuring the students  are learning such as facilitating and guiding our students. We also have to be clear in our responses and information provided need to be evidence based learning and our own experiences to help bridge the gaps of the learner.

clear communication and assessment is important

Sign In to comment