Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Communication is the key.

At the end of each of your courses, it is important to review how well you communicated the assignments to the students, how the assignment was assessed, and how you could improve the assignment. It's also important to provide a strong leadership.

Important to engage the student in their learning. May need to use various technologies. Students need timely feedback.

I appreciated the different roles the teacher plays and how it's a blend of a few (Guide/Social Director/Admin/TA) depending on the format of the course. 

Engaging students in the online environment is crucial, no mater whether the course is Synchronous or Asynchronous.

Having good communication with the students will help the students to know the course expections.

For students who are used to an in person class it helps to provide extra facilitation to help them become accomadated with a different method of delivery. 

Instructors should use feedback from students to help with current and future courses.

Receiving student feedback and adjusting your presentation techniques promote better understanding for the students 

Feedback from students as to the effectiveness of your teaching style is necessary to acheive a positive outcome.

Students responding to other students will not only enhance student engagement but will build community with the course. Ill be adding more student to student responding to my classroom for sure!

Student feedback is crucial for creating an effective learning environment. The lines of communication between the student and teacher must be strong if I am to improve as an educator.

There are a variety of ways learning can occur, this is not only in terms of the availability of students for synchronous or asynchronous teaching but the level of responsibility a student can manage for the own learning. Providing approaches that allow students a great deal of flexibility and learning from one another can result in exceptional learning but not all students are ready for this style. 

As an instuctor I have many roles to play to become a good facilitator to my students. Feedback from students will determine if I am presenting my lessons properly, and what changes I need to make to improve my teaching capabilities.

Engaging students from the beginning of the course and providing clear and concise feedback will enhance student learning. 

Faculty's deep engagement with robust feedback enhances students' learning and engagement. 

Student understanding at times can be a challenge. I find if information is presented to them in writing and not just verballized, they may be able to identify what it is we are offering them. Confrimation of true understanding can occur when the student is given the opportunity to recognize their level of comprehension.

Giving and receiving feedback about the course is an effective tool to modify the course for students as a facilitator. In addition, during synchronous learning, utilize methods to engage students in the discussion or course content. 

As instructors, we should be addressing the needs of learners by guiding empowering, independent and realistic, problem-based learning experience.

Taking student feedback, evaluating all course content and their comments is a great way to look at a course internally for improvement.

A guide on the side is a great way to explain a facilitator.   Having been a "teacher" based in lectures in a F2F class, online teaching is an adjustment and a learning curve to ride along the way.

Sign In to comment