Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think feed back is one of the most important things an instuctor can give a student.  The more personal and often, the better the result will be.

Encouraging students and communicating with them is important. How to implement synchronous and asynchronous with online classes. 

I really like the suggestions on how to compensate for the lack of non-verbal communication in online learning situation, That, and the ways to clarify humor as being humor, as I use humor often.

I learned about the benefits and differences between asynchronous and syncronous learning.

Being a new instructor during this change of learning formatting, i was almost an eclusive synchronous instructor, but will have tomdevelope new skills for the asychronous portion of my online classes.

I can see the need for socializing at the beginning of a synchronous discussion.  Cutting off the socializing component might be a consideration.

I have learned that by adding discussion topics and keeping them fresh will help my students be active in the discussion forum. Also give each student advie or just leaving a comment will aslo help keep the discussion live and moving forward.

I've learned that the discussion board is vital to the success of an online course.  It is the primary method to engage the students with the instructor, the content, and with one another.  The funny thing is that, as a learner, I typically don't like discussion boards! I like to learn the material, take my exams and get it done.  Avoidance? LOL.  This part of online instruction will be a challenge for me, but one that I look forward to.

The critical key of online learning is getting feedback from students about the class. That way you can keep the class engaged by tweaking it to their needs, wants or likes. 

It is not recommended to use synchronous discussions to instruct important course content or get a feel for students' understanding of the concept.

I learned the difference between synchronus and asychronus, as it relates to teaching.

Being an active instructor by communicating with the students daily and posting on the discussion board will keep them interested in the class. Discuss matters that are engaging and this will create a great learning environment.

Synchronous discussions are for one on one or small groups, Asynchrous discussions are for a larger group of students.

Communicating the students regularly and provide feedback in a timely manner is important. What i like the most is that, as instructor learn on how to compensate for lack of non-erval communication in e-learning. 

Students have many learning styles and may possess multiple styles so it is important to first identify three important styles: Avoidant, Competitive, and Dependent. Understanding these styles I will be able to create strategies for asynchronous discussions and proper feedback as well and one on one synchronous discussions to allow students to feel confident and motivated.

It was valuable to think about how intentional to be about online feedback. Since our verbal and physical cues will be missing, getting creative to communicate the proper tone was neat to think about. 

The tips for using synchronous and asynchronous discussion are very useful. This allowed me to be more mindful when facilitating such discussions online to provide for optimal feedback and participation from all categories of students and learning types.

Be careful with feedback tone to motivate and encourage learners

Synchronous discussions should be avoided when covering the bulk of important content. The advantage of asynchronous discussions is that it allows the students to formulate their responses in a concise and organized manner that demonstrates critical thinking. 

Each student has a different learning approach and some a combination of them. Getting them engaged in learning is very important and should be valued. The discussion on synchronous and asynchronous was very interesting and I will apply the hints in my classes.

Sign In to comment