Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned the importance of synchonous vs. asynchronous discussions.  

I learned how to create effective and engaging discussions to encourage participation.

If you don't keep students engaged in discussions, you can loose them.  Discussions need to stay focus on topic.  

By using asynchronous and synchronous discussions and providing feedback u can keep the students involved

I learned the difference between synchronous and asynchronous meetings and how to keep students engaged and intereactive.

I learned the differences in approaches and benefits of synchronous and asynchronous meetings and how to organize time and content for both. This was very

Asynchronous discussions are the true drivers of online learning, and allow for participation by students who my feel overwhelmed in a live environment.

I did not know the meaning of asynchronous until now. Very helpful information. I also enjoyed learning about how to foster participation through synchornous discussion. Also very useful. 

I have learned to utilyze asynchronous vs. synchronous discussion topics on boards help keep all students involved.  Students tend to learn more from each other in this setting, as well as all are afforded the opportunity to participate in their own time.

Amazing information with different types of online learners

Being personalable is important. Feedback should be constructive and inspire confidence in the student.

Engaging with students via email, online message platform or verbally can help with student participation.

I learned that asynchronous learning in many ways is more powerful than synchronous for student participation in courses.  It allows for more students to inculcate and process the material that they are learning.  It also provides for more individual, authentic responses from more students when compared to synchronous learning.

Some students need more attention than others

Provide feedback on a consistent basis in a consistent manner

I am learning the difference between asynchronous and synchronous discussion meetings to assess my students' needs better and effectively facilitate course content.

The information provided by asynchronous and synchronous discussions are very important in the development of a successful course. Knowing the difference and how to apply I learned today.

It is important in the learner expererience that they are provided with feed back in a timely manner. Respond with constructive criticism to boost confidence in participation. 

What I found most informative about this module is learning the different student profiles and how you can pick up or categorize the students. By doing so, you can tailor a response that will gather a positive response from the student with the intent of drawing the student to participate more.

Synchronous vs asynchron would work with both scheduled class times and but allow "working employees" to complete assignments according to their schedules.  Both are great options depending on typical students vs non-traditional students.  

Sign In to comment