Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

During this module, I have learned that it is important not only to give good first impression but to maintain the authoriy and presence throughout the course and that there are several strategies to do so. I wil try the welcome video to introduce myself and explain the objectives and structure of the course from the begining.

One thing I have wondered about with online courses is how to get a sense of a community. Having the teacher as well as the students post a bio is a good way to do that. I've also never thought about including personal interests in my bio to make me more relatable to the students.

I learned that it is important to keep the enviorment as close to in person as possible. Ex: Giving the students my background and engage in theirs. 

If yoour going to teach online you must present oportunities to learn about students and have them learn about you.

I learned the importance of establishing trust and confidence with students from the begining

I can earn trust with learners by sharing my experiences and background

The instructor biography is important to post as is the students' bio's. I sometimes have difficulty getting students to post their bio's if there is no credit for them to do so (by credit I mean points). 

The thing I thought was most interesting was a general discussion forum for topics not related to the course.  I will definitely be talking with my department on how and if we want to incorporate such a thing.  

What I learned from the modules, is that the instructor should make an effort to get to the know the student, and provide information about themselves, such as utlizing the biography section.

Like any relationship, it is important to understand the information you want to share with students and vice versa about yourself. Consider that even if it is online education, it must be taken care of on any platform, be it the portal or social networks.

I think a great wat to project your presence and authority is to speak from the heart with your educational experience, work expererience and any hobbies related to the field of education you are trying to teach. Students look to their instructors and seeing there experience and background helps them overcome any obsticals and allows them to be successfull.

I learned the need to establish good rapport with students the first week of on line class. send a welciome letter on the first day of the class. before the first week ends, send the personalised message to each student., so hthey can amke good rapport witht he students. Continue to address needs of the student in a timely manner to enhance the learning needs of the student.  

It is important to build professional relationships with students and to keep in mind that some students may have special needs and may need to be accomodated. 

E learning promoted distance learning. Whther synchronous or asynchronous a good rapport between the course instructor and student is critical to learning

An online course instructor is like a boatman or a sailor who sails the students acroos the ocean of knowledge. The online teaching strategies discussed here are very informative

From previous experience, I have learned that giving students an opportunity to introduce themselves is great, but you have to limit it to academics or career goals only otherwise you can get some very personal info that should not be shared in this format, as well as some long winded diatribes.

This is a good reminder to have the students post their bio, either as a first week discussion or as an assignment. 

I need to know my students and I need to explain everything in detail duing an online course.

Proving a brief bio  of yourself and your achievements is important. Also writing a welcome letter is engaging. 

It was intresting how projecting your presence can be done in several ways and its importnce.

Sign In to comment