Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is important to inform students of your credentials and teaching experience in the subject matter. It is important to start forging an interpersonal relationship with each student through individual communications with them. 

The online and traditional classroom-the projection of self, projection authority and establishing relationship is the same concepts- I still find it is difficult for me to be able to "read" the student communication without seeing the non-verbal cues and find I', restating the limits/expections over and over.  I'm following through each time.  Can't wait for the next lesson to learn more.

I plan to post more announcements to the class/group and more individually.  

This module provided useful information about the importance of introducing yourself to students and in giving them the opportunity to do the same. 

Even though we cannot be in front of students in person, we can still represent our experience, credentials, and authority. In addition, we can also encourage the students to share about themselves in order to learn more about each student and the class as a whole.

I'v elearbed the importance of establishing rapport with students is Key

Students appreciate when you project your presence by participating in discussion posts and giving feedback. It is important, however, not to dominate the discussion.

While online teaching, it is important to find professional ways on to implement authority with respect. This is a great tool on how to place it.

I love the idea of projecting your presence in an online learning environment. This can be tough if you are not in the actual room with a student. This has given me wonderful ideas.

I learned that there are several ways in which I can project my authority as instructor. 

I think giving live meeting everyday is a good way to project presence. Have an office hour and you will be "live" streaming during that time. Students can get online talk to you. Constantly provide written feedback to students or recorded voice feedback are good way to project prensence too.

I think a bio is a good idea.

Encourage and Inspire students to post short excerpts abouthemselves and I will post a short Biography as well

i have learned a lot from the course especially how vital my role is in online teaching and how best to engage my students and keep them interested

I thought the tips on establishing relationships was helpful.

It seems that projecting your presence is difficult through text. One strategy I like is to use video messages that they can watch and see who you are and what you are about without being in a physical classroom.

It is important to create a sense of engagement through personal touches. 

I thought about the ways I could improve the ways I can make my students feel more confident about me as their educator.

Creating one on one relationships with students helps support the online learning evironment. This goal is to build trust which fosters a safe learning environment. 

The main thing that I cam trying to do is add more video to my courses.  The technology in this area has improved a lot in recent years and this is now much easier to do.

Sign In to comment