Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The virtual classroom must be structured with IT resources to assist the students and promote success. Successful communication includes specific forms of posts and assignments to guide and engage the student learning experience.

To ensure that I am familiar with all aspects of the course including content, due dates, resources, responding to students and grading in a timely manner.

Structure and instructor support are key - I will need to check in with students to ensure they know I am available

Online learning is everywhere and it requires that instructors understand the platform and the content. Keeping students engaged is vital to good outcomes for both student/s and instructor.

I learned that preparedness and familiarity with the online course delivery elements is critical for success. My mentality thus far is that preparedness is overrated because we can tackle situations and questions as they arise. Now I can see the value of setting expectations early to avoid confusion from students, which will then allow them to focus on learning the material.

I’ve learned that as an Instructor, I heed to be knowledgeable in navigating the platform so that I am able to effectively convey the information to the students. 

b aware of all I can do for my online course

Structure is very important.

Taking time to review the course structure, materials, and expectations are necessary to be a effective online instructor. Being prepared to guide student through the their learning and communicating early and frequently will help with connection and promote the safe learning environment needed. Also I should be prepared to assist student to contact technical support to easy frustrations and accomplish outcomes for the course with each students. 

This course discusses how, as an instructor can plan your course delivery through an online platform. Communication to the students and direction online is essential for success.

In this course a take away would be to make sure as an instructor to be accessible and aware of content in order to assist the student properly in learning.

Knowing how to navigate the course and troubleshoot issues are critical. Being a live resource for students is imperative. 

First of all get familiar with  the material to be taught. Where to find it and how to apply it.  Practice what I must know to become familiar as it is applied to the learner and instructor . Becoming familiar with the online learning process as it applies to both students and instructor’s. Then communicate it. Make sure all my equipment is up and ready for this new journey. I’m very excited and nervous at the same time. Although, knowing  what we normally do will be put online brings some comfort.  

To familiarize myself with the course delivery techniques and strategies. What is the manner in which the content is delivered?
What instructional, media, presentation, and display strategies are used?

In the online enviroment, students can learn at a time that works for them. It is hard to help a student who has a crisis in the middle of the night. Have a tech issue can be very frustrating for the students. I have found that the students believe we should be available 24/7. I have instructors that go to bed at 2100. For those students I usually let them know that I am up until 2230 so they can contact me. Making sure I am up to date on online programs helps me to work with students when off hours occur. 

I have learned that it is important to review all aspects of the CMS to ensure I understand how best to help the student understand t the content I am instructing and the technical needs that may arise.

When you are an online instructor it is important to be familiar with your course, just as if you are a student.  My take away is to make sure I know the course as if I am a student so I am able to help students with questions.

This information will help keep me organized.

It is important to make sure that you are reviewing the material before and that your are communicating with them consistently.  

To help me with support when trying to navigate and understand how to utilize the online platform. And  how to connect & communicate with students.

Sign In to comment