Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned how important it is to be very well organized and to develop a course pre-launch checklist. This checklist can help me be adequately prepared for presenting and teaching the course.

The course is designed for educators and non-educators who are teaching in an online environment. The resources and advice are very useful and I have taken notes of examples of how to create a good structure in an online course. 

The Course structure is important and the information is delivered to the students will assist in their ability to develop the knowledge.

It is essential to get familiar with cms structure to become a better teacher 

I agree with Courtney, I need to have a full understanding of the online platform that the school is using in order to be effective with my online instruction. This course has given me a great set of questions to ask my supervisor. 

I'm a newbie at this online course instruction, so I have some apprehension towards it. The information in this module has helped me to know and understand how to approach the course(s) and their content. Definitely becoming familiar with the CMS is key in order to make it more successful for both myself and the student. Engaging the student in meaningful learning is key as well as connecting with his/her learning style and providing activities to enhance their learning not merely giving them busywork to complete. Wish me luck!

Being an online instructor doesn't mean you will do less interactions with the students. Adding to that, the way you prepare yourself ahead of time for your on ground class you should flow the same or similar manner of preparation to your online class. Delivery of the content will reflect your knowledge and teaching techniques. 

As a new instructor in a virtual learning program, I need to rely from support resources as guidance. With various teaching techniques available like live lectures, webinars, video conferences, audio recording and a a lot more, I am so thrilled to employ and assess which particular techniques would be more efficient in student learning. I most likely employ engagement strategies to promote student participation such as collaborative projects, multi media content and interactive activities. Continuously, evaluation of the effectiveness of these techniques from the student is paramount in order to adjust and adapt new instructional strategies to optimize learning outcomes and satisfaction. 

The tighter your format and the availability of the resources and the instructor are key to student success.

Its important to make sure you know how to work the CMS. The students should get an orientation prior to using the platform and its a good idea we as instructors complete it too.

I feel there is a lot of information that as an instructor I must become familiar and comfortable with. That being said, I also feel there is a lot of support for us and we have been given the tools of what to look for in how to help our students.

I learned that the more knowledge I receive on our system , the more I will be able to engage with my student. As well as , help them navigate through their courses . 

As an instructor I need to be able to communicate and have an understanding of the online flatform to be able teach effectively.  In addition, a full understanding of navigating CMS can be an effective way to get the full picture of where the students are in terms of their assignments and level of understanding of the subject topics of the course.

There are a variety of teaching strategies that I can utilize and implement in the e-learning environment such as group projects and discussions that I may incorporate. 

I need to review the format before starting the course. 

I learned that it is good to familiarize yourself with all of the mechanics of the school so that you can help the students.

I learned that a good understanding of the CMS will be key to online learning for the teachers and students.

Major points needed to be prepared for online teaching.

Online learning gives students the flexibility of learning where and when they are comfortable. It certainly helps with family and work obligation obstacles

I found this course showed that structure and support are essential in e-learning. Having strategies planned in advance to provide support and structure are essential for students. As an instructor I know I need ot have a full understanding of the systems used for instruction so I can provide the best learning experience for my students. 

Sign In to comment