Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What I have learned this week is the need for learners to have a structured path to open up the learners to immerse themselves in the topics and take away valued knowledge that can be retained.

The course is a good foundation for new learners conducting online learning. 

I refreshed basic notions such as content relevance and Up-to-Date material, the creation of engaging & interactive content, thinking of clear learning objectives and outcomes (Utmost importance), the creation of accessible and user-friendly platform/interface, the design of effective assessment strategies and collaboration and community building (What we are actually doing right now). Last but not least: create great feedback and improvement mechanisms.

I intend to think more critically about interaction in the context of intellectual interaction. The idea that more quality interaction improves and increases learning rings true to me.

The flow of the course is great. Well done

Integrating quality media strategies into education is crucial for enhancing learning experiences. This approach goes beyond superficial engagement with content; it's about deeply understanding and interacting with the material. By incorporating interactive elements that test comprehension and recall, we encourage learners to think critically and apply what they've learned.

Comment on Amanda Dolan's post: I completely agree. The combination of strong structural integrity and navigational simplicity is indeed crucial for enhancing the overall learning experience. When the learning environment is well-organized and easy to navigate, learners can focus more on the content itself rather than struggling with the platform. This streamlined approach not only fosters better understanding but also promotes retention.

I had no idea of the timeline for online courses. Recognizing they were first called "correspodences" and now we are coining the phrase "e-learning" environment.

I have learned that a well structured online course is very important for learners to be able to successfully help with them being able to learn the material within the course. 

I  am learning how to both organize and utilize information to engage students in modules. I am typically an interactive teacher so seeing this first hand makes me both excited and feel ready for all of the possibilities that are to come. 

The four characteristics of online teaching must be present, the lack of one of them takes us away from the expected results

Structule integrity and proper course design is very important.

Only 6% of public schools offer online courses.

frequent interaction with the student increase success rate 

I love the term "intellectual interaction" in regard to online discussions. I plan on borrowing this.

I never thought about a virtual field trip.  I will be trying this.

A successful online course must use several domains including media. The structure of the course will increase the learning possibilities.

I never knew that distance learning dated all the way back to the 1700s. I will also be sure to incorporate more two-way interaction between the student and the instructor so they can work through their questions and content and feel more engaged.

Quality media and course content.

A course that is easy to do and is not frustrating to finish

Sign In to comment