Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This course helps to understand the importance of having a Syllabus. To give students clear direction and understanding of their school course and expectations. 

I love the iea of icebreakers-so valuable. I really liked the airplane one-never heard of that one before. Also very important to have clear guidance about late assignments and stick to it for all students

The explanation regarding the 'Whats In It for Me' was very helpful. I find that students do like to get down to the "nitty gritty" and know exactly what they will get from the course and how we can help them exceed in their career field.

I tend to second guess my deadlines as too harsh or unfair.  I never questioned teachers when I had deadlines and am always surprised by excuses students give for missing a quiz or assignement. 

It is important to go over the syllabus on the first day of class.  It gives clear expectations of the student and course!

I plan to revisit my syllabus and update my policy on late work. I also plan to revis the policy on resubmissions. I will lilkely ad an icebreaker exercise to new classes.

very interesting topic

that the biggest motivator for students as they start a new course, is teamwork, 

always be opened for your students. 

Syllabus is very important for students complaints and guidance

Always act like a role model. Keep all expectations and repercussions available and written for all to see. Keep all expectations and repercussions fair and equal for all. Engauge students by answering questions with questions. 

I learned the importance of establishing expectations and sticking to them.  How important it is to have rules and be consistent with the students.

Very good presentation

Gave me helpful ideas on tailoring my class sylabus.  It is a contract as well between student and teacher it shsould include everything 

pertaining to the class grades, how to communicate with the instructor.  There should be nothing left out. 

Get to know your students, students have different learning abilities. This is important.

The importance of a good ice breaker & to be available/aware. 

I have learned the importance of going over the syllabus very clearly and implementing a clear late assignment policy. The university I teach out thankfully has a good late assignment policy that is very black and white. I also learned how important it is to ensure that students understand "What's in it for me?" so they are more invested in the course.

The importance of ensuring we understand how to connect with stduents and to organize the learning experience. 

Create a helpfull deadline of assignments for students.

Ice breaker is the first thing I have done in my classes. Going over and asking student to set a reminder on the phones when each assignment is due. Covering the syllabus and making it interesting for the student is what keeps them enganged into class. 

I believe it always nice to be firm with deadline and homeworks, even adults are given deadlines at work same also as school. 

Sign In to comment