Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

let students know about dues dates for assignments. set ground rules in the syllubus.

I really enjoy using icebreakers every time I start a new MOD it breaks the ice between me and the students. I feel like it helps students come out of there box and finally open up when we have to do class projects or working together as a class

setting team work examples explaining to students that they will have the oportunity to have a group project incorporates excitement and confidence.

The golden rule: the one woth the gold sets the rule. This is an importart fact when dealing with the inevitable issues that arise when working with people. I intent to set the rules and expectations from the beginning. 

It's important to set up the expectations since day 1, so there will be no misunderstanding about it. Also, it's neccesary to define deadlines for their assignments, so they can be aware without surprise of take off points if it's turned in late.

I like the techniques of ice breakers, such as students interviewing other fellow students. I recall my teacher applying that same method with my school friends and myself. The idea of having syllabus and letting students know what to expect from the class, also have the information of the way they will be graded, dates, and presentations seems to be good, and it works. Going over these items is always a fresh reminder to students what we expect achieve, as well as them to know what they will be learning by the end of the course.

I will let the students know when the assignment are due! How many points off for late assignments. Encourge them to attend everyday. 

In this topic, I learned how to set up success for the student from creating a comfortable enviroment in the class by doing ice breakers, to creating a syllabus that students will actually read. I also learned that its very important that I, as the instuctor is very clear on my expectations for the class, assignments, due dates, etc. For the rest of the MOD, I plan to self reflect, make adjuistments and see how I can apply what I have learned in my class.

I like how they said that ice breakers should be incooporated into the classroom. I do them but not consistently. I will be sure to do them the begining of a new start. I also like that they mentioned review the syllabus with the class, so the class has a clear understanding on what is expected of them.

Great idea to use icebreaker to start a class off.  Getting the class to participate in clas activities as a whole would be a win.

I enjoyed this training as I believe strongly in setting the stage and managing expecatations from the first day of class.  What do I expect from the students and what should they expect of me? It should be clearly defined and communicated on day one and referred to often throughout the course.  In my school, syllabi are pre filled, so class announcements are the format that information sharing takes place from the instructor to the student.  Those should be interesting, engaging and tell the student what they can expect in your class.  Love the idea of ice breakers, small groups, discussions etc. as that is where learning is/can be enriched.

I will make sure everyone is aware of class requirements and when assignments  are due. I will also work on having the students work in groups.

Useful information!

Teachers must set the rules clearly and let students know the expectations from the beginning of the course. However, there is that 10% who will not comply.

I've learned that by setting up a structured class with activities and clear syllabus students will have a better understanding of the course they are taking and apply it in future profesional settings

In this course I have learned by breakign the ie students will feel more comfortable discussing and interpreting the syllabus. Also, by defining the expecations of the class the students will have a clear understanding.

It is very important to understand the students, get to know each student as an individual, practice patience  and set effective limits.

Be aware, available

In my experiances for day 1 I try to ease the stress of the student and let them know exactly how to succed in their studys.

Set firm due dates for assignments and make it clear to students the consequences for not turning in assignments on time.

Sign In to comment