Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Student Customer Service | Origin: ED209

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Students as Customers --> Student Customer Service

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

The main principle I see in this part is that students can and maybe should be treated as a customer in the good sense of the importance that the student is to the school.

Nevertheless, the school must never lose their objective of education, teaching! and should not seen the school as a money making business only.

My take away from this is that although a student is concidered a customer, the focus should be on "are we delivering the goods and services of an educational institute that the student signed up for. Are we delivering old technology, are they getting the "best bang for thier buck"

The objective is to deliver a skill and give meaning/value to the material they are learning. Not feel they are just income to the school. I can see how this must be of high priority in a school for profit.

Students are not considered customers.  

Students should not be viewed as customers.  They should be viewed as investments that require dedication from teachers and administrators. 

This module emphasizes the concept of student-centered learning.  The instructor's role is to maximize each student's learning journey - to assist each student in constructing knowledge.  To do that, an instructor needs to be engaged, to listen, to communicate,  to show genuine concern, and to treat students equitably. 

The educational systems should not see the customer as one who pays money for goods and services.  The institution should take nto account student needs and preferences.

I veiw my students as nurses without a license, yet. With respect, compassion and honesty.

Students should not be viewed as a typical customer.

Students are customers in the sense that they deserve respect and to be the priority in our daily communications with them. We go the extra mile to ensure we communicate clearly and concisely and assist them by providing a high-level exceptional customer service experience in all our interactions with each student. 

Students should not be considered customers in the traditional business sense.  But if we are doing our jobs, and treating the student as a human and working with them toward thier educational goals, then we will be succeeding by the traditional business sense standard because the student that is served well by our programs will advocate for us and draw in potential students.

Students may view themselves as customers spending a large amount of money for a piece of paper.  While preferences and learning styles should be taken into account, instructors know what the students needs are more often than the students realize. By only listening to the students needs and preferences, we are depriving them of an experience that prepares them for their future careers.  Respect, appreciation, and guidance are the underlying themes that both types of "customers" require for a successful relationship. 

I do not think students should be considered customers.  They should be considered an investment on their return. It's their investment and we should be the ones ( institution) that should help them achieve their goals.

Models of students as customers derived from buisness culture are not appropriate for students.  Instead, education needs a customer focus in order to meet the needs of students for quality education experience

Students as customers requires teachers to listen,learn student's learninbg style, teat students fairly and  establish a good rapport with students.

students are our customers as well as individuals seeking instruction. we must provide insturction in ways that allow them to meet the professsional standards while letting them feel satisfied as a customer

students are  customers

our students are not our customers. 

• Communication is key in the learning process.  
Sign In to comment