Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I disagree with this teaching, they are our customers and they are paying for knowledge and developement.  "Big me little you" is a bad way to show the responsibilites we have been given.

I never really like to refer to sudents as customers, simply because of the thoughts that come with that. We tend to cater to instead of educate and correct behavior. 

Hi all

Students are not customer. A customer-oriented instructor follows certain guidelines such as listen attentively, treats each student fairly and equally by creating a close interpersonal relationship with a student to minimize any negative effects.

students should be considered like customers, you need to deliver the education and not look at them as $

The relationship between the students and the teachers/institution shouldn't be viewed as just transactional. The main focus of the teachers is to provide a quality education and the main focus of the students should be to earn a quality education.

The focus of an educator and the educational institution has to be the growth and education of the student. That growth may differ from one student to another, however it has to be the main focus. 

Students should see their education as an investment in themselves.  At the same time it is important for instructors to be there for the students in all senses of education. listnening, guiding, assisting, and using standards and options as tools to show the importance of each class. 

The principal objective of customer service toward students: education.

Although there is a model of students as customers. Students should not be viewd as customers. 

1. Educational institutions should not  see the customer as one who pays money for goods and services

2. Educational institutions should always  focus on the principal objective, which is educating students.

We as an employee, we have students as the customer/consumer of the knowledge we impart. Yes we also got paid from the tuition fee they provide but none the less, communicate properly.

Reply to Laurene Medina's post:agree

The concept of the student as the customer is not exactly the same as in business. They are not simply paying for a product such as a diploma. The instructor must look at it more as providing an environment conducive to learning for the type of learner, the adult learner, that is seeking an education. 

Students should not be viewed as customers.

The meaning of customer service in an educational enviroment is different than in a business environment. Our approach to customer service is different in that we are student and outcome focused. From my own perspective, by using this approach, I am looking at each individual student and their specific needs to suppport them with the focus of helping them reach their goal.

Seth

Learned that ""Educational institutions would do well to think of themselves as "customer-oriented."

Students are the customers and are why we are teaching.

Students are very important.

It is important to have a mutual respect for students and teachers.

Comment on Lena Mercuri's post: Yes , students are customers, we have a product to offer that is needed for their post- secondary educational training  which are skills for their future carrers.

Sign In to comment