Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The objective is to deliver a skill and give meaning/value to the material they are learning. Not feel they are just income to the school. I can see how this must be of high priority in a school for profit

Students do not like to be considered as customers. We must provide instruction in ways that allow them to meet the professional standards while letting them feel satisfied as a customer

Students are people who are wanting to better their lives. Not someone attempting to purchase something and be treated as a customer of some sort. They are attending a school to gain knowledge and use it to their best ability. We as instructors are here to guide them and teach them, not treat them like a random person passing by. 

Students attending college for a better education receive advice and assistance from Admissions. The Admissions department provides excellent customer service, advice, and assistance to students attending college for a better education. 

Communication is key and expected. Letting adult learners know that it is vital for employment and everyday life to be able to communicate is part of whom you are as a professional. 

View students as customers can be tricky we want to keep the student but we also want to make sure they are receiving a quality education 

Students look to teachers to be their instructor, leader, therapist, and sometimes step-parent.  Providing an environment for students is often a varied and challenging task.

Students are our customers that you want to spread the word about the product (education) they received.

the customer in a business is vastly different than a customer in the educational setting.

Make on open line of communication w/ all students.

What I learned is the student may be the customer paying for goods and service. But they have many choices to choose for schools. Are quality of education has to be worthy of what the students are paying for.

The Role of students as customers in education varies, and our primary focus is on providing quality education and fostering learning. 

While students are customers and we help however we can, they need to be held accountable for their own learning as well. 

Giving students good customer service allows students to feel like we as instructors care. 

We need to make sure the students understand they can always communicate with us. 

We need to give students extra time and help if needed and we need to make it seem like it isn't an inconvience for us. I've stayed behind on ranches and let students practice tying or walking horses more.

I have students who want to go to Vet School and I help them figure out ways to get there! 

Making sure they understand they will always come first is a major prioritiy. 

We as instructors need to treat our students as customers by listening attentively to our students and educating. 

Students are not just customers, we need to understand each student to and cater to each one for each student is a different person. There is not just one way to deal with students.

As an instructor, it is my responsibility to do the best I can to teach/support my students so they can achieve their goals. If I do not do this then I am failing the student as well as the school. 

It is all about open communication. 

Students as a customer is different from a business customer. The focus is to be customer oriented by taking into consideration the needs and preferences of students. I hope to implement this philosophy in my dealings with students.

We as instructors need to have good communication skills when speaking to the student's.  Without the students, schools would not be able to give them an education.  In a sense they are the "customer".  However in a buisness if a customer is upset they may tell ten of their friends.  I feel that students can do that as well.  

We all have been in a situation were a student feels they are right when they haven't been.  Again, we all need to have good communication skills.  Dealing with a student or customers can be difficult.  How we react and communicate can make the difference in the outcome.

Sign In to comment