Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Technology is an important tool.

There are several ways that I promote student empowerment in their classes, including:

Providing opportunities for student choice and autonomy: Allow students to make decisions about their learning, such as choosing the topics they want to study, the format of assignments, or the type of feedback they prefer. This can help students feel more invested in their learning and take ownership of the process.
Encouraging student participation: Create a learning environment that is inclusive and supportive, where students feel comfortable sharing their ideas and participating in class discussions. This can help students feel valued and respected, and can lead to more meaningful learning experiences.
Providing feedback that is timely, specific, and constructive: Give students feedback on their progress throughout the course, highlighting areas of strength and offering suggestions for improvement. This can help students see the value in their efforts and feel more motivated to continue learning.
Fostering a growth mindset: Encourage students to view challenges as opportunities for growth and to embrace the idea that intelligence and abilities can be developed over time. This can help students become more resilient and motivated learners.
Creating a sense of community: Build a sense of community within the classroom, encouraging students to work collaboratively and support each other. This can help students feel connected to their classmates and instructors, and can create a supportive and inclusive learning environment.
By incorporating these strategies into their teaching practices, instructors can help promote student empowerment and create more meaningful and successful learning experiences for their students.

Technology can have an incredible impact on student interaction, involvement, and learning.

I provide rea time resources they can use anywhere. Technology is amazing

Being open minded to how today's population of students use technology throughout their educational journey and how to promote successful learning with it's continued usage.

I think it is important to be able to adapt to the changes in how learning is happening

Great Information.

It is beneficial to their learning when students are able to apply real life experiences to the content they are learning in the classroom. 

Classroom culture is important at any level of learning. I have learned that instructors are there to guide their students to create expectations of themselves that they can achieve. In any situation, it is important to create goals that can be reached. I plan to use this information during my small-group learning. During small groups, students can set goals for themselves and the group.

To promote student empowerment, include icebreakers and summarizing exercises. It is also okay to encourage technology use! 

I believe making life connections to the material is very important. As an instructor, I think it is important to have an understanding of the student's learned experiences because it allows for the students to connect to the material on a more personal level.

Students feel impowered when allowed to use their technological devices . 

Technology and smart phones can be valuable in the class room.

At the beginning of the class, I share with the student the power of searching out a "how to" via Youtube.  I don't have all the answers about how to use Chromebook so I encourage them to look it up. 

I really considered how technology can be a help, instead of a hinderance for student learning. Using various technology applications can help students stay engaged. 

Comment on Linda Arredondo's post: Comment on Vernise Walker's post: Use of technology brings many tangible benefits into the learning process.  I am using Google Meet to conduct 9 weeks Psychology 101 course to nursing students.  I found it difficult to assign any activities during the class as their expectation is just a lecture. I'm planning to change this by incorporating Break Out rooms and Polling functionality.  

I think is is always helpful for the students to understand that they have ownership over their grades.  I also try to keep it as simple as possible. 

Emphasize the importance of patience in "failure." Failure is an opportunity to learn and to build resiliency. Promote a growth mindset and give everyone to capitalize on their strengths.

Technology is a great way to create active learners and promote student growth and participation

Providing opportunities to empower students can enhance overall student success throughout the course.  Providing ample use of technology can also increase student access to information and empower students to make a seamless transition from learning in the class to applying and continuing their learning outside of the classroom.

Sign In to comment