Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This module provided abundant information, emphasizing the reinforcement of students' self-confidence, linking to past life experiences and course material, and concentrating on student expectations. These crucial elements aim to leverage students' strengths, potentially yielding a substantial return on their investment.

Promoting technology use ensures students can undertake research or search for information and pursue learning.

Student participation, reflection and active collaboration

I have struggled with students using technology during class, and i would like to see more tools developed for how to encourage productive use of technology. I tend to see students finding ways to distract themselves while taking notes on a laptop or tablet, and while I want technology to be integrated into their learning I think it should not be encouraged as the only way that they are engaged

Not just taking the class, but making the class!  Making sure each and every student is able to showcase their individual skills, talents, experiences, growth, and knowledge leads to ownership of the learning experience.  I do get to know my student's goals and career aspirations.  I like to show them how relevant what they are learning is to their future success.  I liked learning about the learning and growing method or building on experiences and immediately using new information as a strategy to increase student investment in the learning process.

It is very hard for me to find icebreakers that don't feel cheesy and forced. I try to incorporate getting to know my students and building rapport in different ways. 

keeping students engaged with their own experiences 

Students will always need encourgement and need to feel valued and feel like they can be successful.

Students know more about technology than I do!

Have to be able to relate to the current generation utilizing technological tools to interest and empower them 

Sign In to comment