Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned many things about student group organization. 

Involving students in the learning process can enhance their sense of confidence, security, hence, their performance. 

I learned that the student has to be empowered and engaged. I plan to use my listening skills and make the class very interactive where all students are heard

Listening to students is a great way to increase their engagement while building the foundation for empowerment

Collaborative learning opportunities are another way to bolster student empowerment.

As a student, I have come to appreciate the Principles of Student Empowerment and the impact they can have on my learning experience. The principles emphasize the importance of creating a learning environment that is supportive, inclusive, and student-centered. This means that as a student, I am encouraged to take ownership of my own learning and to actively engage in the learning process. Through the principles of student empowerment, I am able to develop a better understanding of myself as a learner, identify areas where I need to improve, and develop strategies to overcome challenges. By focusing on my individual needs and preferences, I am able to create a personalized learning plan that helps me achieve my full potential. Additionally, the principles of student empowerment have helped me develop a growth mindset, which allows me to view mistakes as opportunities for learning and growth. Overall, the principles of student empowerment have been instrumental in helping me become a more motivated, engaged, and successful learner.

When students work in groups and are meaningfully involved in the classroom, their input is valued and there will be more rapport between student and instructor.

Listening is such an important skill 

This unit was a good reminder of the learning process and differences between learning styles and needs. Being open and available for students to seek help and feel like we have their "backs" will support their willingness to accept help towards their success.

How important listening and having compassion for the students is. Also different methods like collaborative learning for students to share experiences and ideas with one another

I learned that students want to feel like they are not alone and supported in their learning process.

Students need to have input.

Building rapport is crucial in establishing trust. When a students feels acknowledged and respected they will be more engaged in their learning. 

When beginning the course, it is important to develop a positive rapport and show respect to students. This can be done by creating a class and personal vision and by sharing class goals and objectives and having students develop their own. 

I learned that student involvement in the designing of the course vision is a great way to have students feel connected and involved within the classroom. It is very important to have safe places where students can feel themselves and have understanding of how their vision meshes with the vision of not only the school but the instructor. It is important to understand that the students and me are a team, and I am here to help them reach their full potential inside and outside the classroom.

Involving anyone in a process always increases their interest and promotes success. 

I think of ways that a nurse might use technology to interact with a patient at various stages of the process.  For example, discussing the backend of the database when the patient is actually signing in for an appointment.

As faculty, we can adapt to student expectations to help maintain the student-centered approach to learning, an important goal of the student experience.

Comment on Christopjher Witt's post: Great point, Christopjher.

Everyone likes to feel like they are being listened to and that they are valued. I struggle with remembering students names. I really have to focus on this. 
Students that are engaged in their learning environment feel more valued and appreciated. This is an ongoing process and is imperative. 

Sign In to comment