Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I find student feedback regarding the courses I teach can be very helpful in improving the course delivery. I have also learned that each class is differnt and that we as instructors need to get to know our class personality and ability to learn. We can use this information early on in the course which can help the class be more successful.

Learning students names and always greet them with respect is a trust influenced action. 

Collaborative and self learning have to be part of the curriculum for students to maintain motivation. Also, that the students should have their own course goals, not just the course goals or objectives from the instructor.

If the student is empowered, they will take their studies more seriously.  The student needs to see that they are in the driver's seat of their education.

Faculty must show students that they value them. 

Empowerment results when individuals feel they are a part of the decision-making process and have a role to play in creating a future for themselves. I will provide opportunities to have students in the process.

Empower the student.

Student empowermrnt is essential to their learning outcomes. There are various ways to help students to achieve their goals. They must take charge of their learning to discover their capabilities. 

Doris R. Owens

i have student write down on a piece of paper and put it in a bowl. Join in a group and pull from the bowl to discuss the concerns they have in learning and achieving their success goals and how they can help someone else to achieve.

Listening to prior knowledge will improve student engagement.  Students want to contribute if they have an experience to share.  Listen - it helps you learn more about them, what they know about the content already, what you should emphasize in content delivery, and most importantly, it helps the student feel heard and important.

Model courtesy, respect and rapport. Active learning assignments can help students learn content and soft skilled highly needed in health care.

I find that students demand respect as much as I want to be respected. It's helps with building the rapport between the teacher and the student. In turn builds trust to enhance the interactions between both parties for sucessful learning.

We have students works in groups of 3-5 for their labs.  Each day they elect a new lead person to administer their tasks for the groups assigned activites.

I agree with the majority of this presentation. I plan on giving the students more prompt students to engage and discuss their vision of how full interaction with my courses will empower them to succeed not only in their chosen job field, but perhaps with life in general. 

I believe that I could get more feedback and understanding when I'm presenting the informaiton about a new class.  Get them engaged to have personal goals withing the class as well as the stated course goals.  For example, in Soups and Stocks we could get favorite  family/cultural recipes from their past that exemplify the techniques we're learning.  

As students progress through their program, they have to take more responsibility for their learning. They become better learners. We set them up for their learning success, but they put their knowledge and skills to work and grow. 

One of the greatest things in my life is telling a student that they fixed a motocyle them not me and no one can take that away from them not even me.

For Student empowerment I learned that student to be successful they have to feel valued they need to be listened to, and they need to participate in active collaborative learning, they need to learn courtesy, respect and have good Rapport with there classmates. This is the goal for our students to learn in the class that is delivered  by the example of the instructor. Its the instructor that has the power to mold these students to be become GREAT HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS!

working at a career center I have students 2 1/2 hours so learning names and developing buy in needs to occur quickly to keep my students involved. 

I learned it is important for the students to feel they have a voice in their learning. They also need to know the have support for help and other resources from the staff and the school.

Sign In to comment