Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I like to start of my class with a positive quote related to the subject being taught to help get students engaged in the lecture.  As a take away I hope to increase my skills by starting off classes with an activity to keep students engaged as a new technique.

Its important to engage the students at their level. 

Lots of great information here. It's so important to keep the students engaged in the lesson and if they enjoy it, it makes it so much better.

It is very important to motivate the students.

We must create an atmosphere that is welcoming and positive for the students to promote learning. Planning and prep is everything!

It is apparent that I continually demonstrate the real value of the information being taught. Stressing how it will be necessary in future jobs, as well as futur tests.

I have learned to be more engaging to students and having impactful lessons. 

It's important to keep the objectives in mind when creating assessments and learning materials.

I learned a bit about breaking my science lecture into smaller bite-sized increments of no more than 20-25 minutes at a time. Now is the harder part for me--developing creative ways for them to interact while we discuss anatomy and physiology.

I learned the value of student engagement and ways to conclude a class.

This lesson has helped me put together some ideas for planning learning activities at the beginning, during, and end of class. I always say hello to my students, ask how they're doing, and tell them goodbye at the end. I see there is much more to learn about planning effective and engaging lectures. I plan to implement new strategies.

It is important to teach the curriculum and course content, but we must be able to see if our students are "checked out" or are listening and absorbing the information. Incorporate fun activities to achieve your goal. 

activity must last only 25 minutes. introduction and conclusion are important.

Start class with Icebreakers to create active student engagement and to encourage other students who come late. 

Engaging early will help get students attention.  

Having empathy and having your students know you care and are invested in their success is so very important.  I like how this was addressed in this module.

Start lecture with an engaging question. Check in with classes at the start to gage how everyone is feeling. 

Great opportunity to grow as a professional nursing faculty. Some ways are:

Always Have Good Intentions.
Advance Your Knowledge.
Be Honest.
Be a Leader. 
Respect Your Patients’ Privacy and motivate students. 
Represent Your Profession Well.
Take Time for Yourself.

Impactful and deliberate planning fosters better content mastery of students' comprehension and motivation.

I liked the emphasis made on making "class closure" memorable, which I call the "wrap up".

I will be mindful of this. We have copious amounts of often complex content so this will be very challenging.

The "Tell, Teach, Repeat" rule of three is something I often heard and originally learned in the military, and is a very effective main tool for structure and home base of ensuring the content was given and helps both the teacher and student stay on task.

Sign In to comment