Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

To keep the students engaged get them involved.  Ask questions and let the students lead the reviews. Give clear and concise objectives.

Lessons need to be thoughtfully prepared. After studying the flipped classroom, I've decided the brief, pre-recorded lectures are the way to go, leaving class time for hands-on activities that fully and actively engage the students. What this means is that I cannot be lazy and always need to be well prepared. 

engaging students willl increase chances of positive outcomes

I loved the idea of the resume and business card opener. I teach graphic communications, so it'd be a perfect way to start off the semester and get a feel for what my students are like. It'd be fun to do it again near the end, to see how they've progressed. Overall, very informative ways to begin and end impactful lessons.

This module, was very helpful.  Each section was quite informative, & I have outlined below my plan on how I intend to use it.

The power of positivity, energy, & enthusiasm is so important to help stsrt a class strong.

I will be starting each class with the "Tell - Teach - Repete lesson stratigy.

• Start with experiences that will allow the student to relate what they know to what they are about to learn.
  • Then will cover the lesson objectives.
  • Then how the objectives will be acomplished.
  • Then how it relates to their careers.

Some important things that I will keep in mind to help me start strong with my students are.....

• Be sure they feel welcome.
  • Tell a related story.
  • Have some form of an opening activity, to peek intrest.

The format of my class will be based apon the following ..... ( estimated)

• Intro  5 min.
  • Lecture 20 min.
  • Guided Discussions 15 min.
  • Brief review / questions time 10 min.

In addition, the text books that I am changing to I will be using teaching guides & lesson planners in them to guide the class period, as well as a guided question session. The brief review will be base on this & the worksheets / tests to be given.

In closing a class session, I will briefly explain how this lession will apply to there careers. This will have been started at the beginning of the class.

The rule of 3 is vital in getting information out to students.

Plan opening and closing day activities, keeping them interested and excited to come back for the next class.

Usually, I give a step by step instruction to accomplsih a task for the day. How this cours helps by being more interactive and having a more strcutured plan for assessment after the task have been completed.

I strive to be more impactful with my instruction.

Motivate student by having an opening activity and end it with a activitiy restating the goals 

Start the class woth some sort of "tease" or question that peaks the student's interest and encourages them to be engaged in the class.

To set the tone for the day , One of the most effective things i  can do is to start each day with an activity that allows students to have fun, to be creative, to interact with each other and to begin thinking about what was covered in previous classes or what the topic of the day will be.

I have learned that students are better motivated when the instructors let them know what they will be learning during class. Also, applying course material to experience keeps them engaged. 

I have found that greeting or acknowledging students as they walk into the classrooms helps create a positive learning environment. Students are more engaged at the beginning of the class.

Keeping the students engaged is the best way to insure attendance from start to finish.  Clear objectives helps with learning and having a reason to be on time and end of the lecture motivators is always a good idea.

The excitment of the instructor is very important in getting students to actively engage in the daily activities.

i am excited to implement the tell-teach-repeat lesson strategy 

I love warmming-up activities. They always help to put the group together and create work atmosphere at once.

I feel over the years of being a instructor it's made a impact in not just my life also in my students. When students come up to me or still visit me even after they finished the course it feels great to see them. I feel when you can ingage in student events and assignments it makes a huge impact on them. I really enjoy seeing the students have fun in different learning styles. 

I love the idea of having effective opening stratagies, I will definately use this stratagies

Sign In to comment