Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Advantages to the Flipped classroom includes increased accountability, turning learning to a student-centered goal, ability foe students to work at their own pace, allows students to assimilate the teaching through projects and teaching peers, increased ability to review course content, opens the instructor to a different type of instruction.

Barriers to the flipped classroom include fear of technology, fear of new teaching styles, inequality of availability to technology, lack of student desire to learn certain boring yet necessary information.

Ths type of learning is supported by Bloom's Taxonomy.  It gives students the capability to truly assimilate and put to use the knowledge they are learning in the classrooms.

The ability to learn at your own pace and revisit the lecture as many times as possible is important.  I've noticed in the past that i have learners that understand the lecture the first time around, and others that need additonal time. It is also easy to make flipped classroom not work for you if you are not prepaired. However with proper preperation, hands on activities, and making it fun will keep students interested possibly making the flipped classroom work to its full potential.

I appreciate that they discussed the importance of at least a basic level of understanding in technology in order to make this successful. This is something I've seen lacking in both educators, and learners. I also see the benefit of proactive communication before the implementation of the flipped classroom to make a smooth transition. And finally, I enjoyed the breakdown of Bloom's Taxonomy. 

The student barriers are my biggest concern. The biggest challenge with students and Mindtap many a time was getting students to commit to be accountable and responsible, example- working on and turning in assignments on time.

Bloom's Taxonomy and the various levels.  This creates a more savvy learner taking them through each rung to gain all they can in terms of thinking through a concept or information.

The impact of the flipped classroom with more hands-on, student-centered learning and more time for in-class “homework” assignments/projects/experiments, helps elevate student learning to higher learning levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy. The number of levels of learning students work at depends on the activities, course content, and learning objectives.

I learned in this section, that a barrier could be  too long video lessons, they may diminish learning instead of enhance. Barrier can be if the eduator isn't tech savvy ( she/he can learn new things though) or if a studnet doesn't have the necessary technology. Both of these issues can be resolved easily by accomodate students and giving assistance  and prep time to educators. Better to implement short videos and bring homework into class, so more social environment :)

Proactive communication is key so students don;t feel to be left alone

Research shows, less failure and disciplinary problems and better scores with Flipped classroom, this is great :) 

I like the Bloom's Taxonomy classification, i can definitley see, this is really how it works :) i just didn't know the Technicus Terminus for it :)  In Somma Flipped classroom is really a great idea because all students need to be a problem solver :) 

the format allows for higher completion and correct howmework rates. While students receiving a higher understanding. working at their own pace they can utilize support by asking instructor or peers to better understand content. Gives a deeper understanding of content and how to make the best judgements for solving problems.

hearing seeing doing 

The impact of the flipped classroom with more hands-on, student-centered learning and more time for in-class “homework” assignments/projects/experiments, helps elevate student learning to higher learning levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy.

The flipped classroom offers a wealth of opportunities for student to discuss and practice what they have learned. Listening to someone speak for several hours can cause you to lose interest after a certain period of time. 

Lack of student motivation and students depending on others in the class/group to carry the load.

what an excellent course! Loved it

As far as advantages students can access the information on line at anytime they choose.  The instructor can put up a variety of information for the students to learn using different mediums.  ne limitation might bre that the students are going to have to put enough time in to learn the material.  They will have to learn time management and put it into use.  

I learned that proactive communication and timely professional development for instructors are two elements that will increase students' motivation with flipping the classroom.

There's pros and cons to every teaching and learning technique; the flipped classroom seems to be majorily good with little cons, if executed correctly. The flipped classroom is benefiial to the learning objectives in Bloom's Taxonomy.

I think ensuring the students have a good understanding of Bloom's taxonomy, it will assist them in understanding how the ability to apply is essential to being able to tackle NCLEX quesitons..

I feel that with Flpped classroom, it's faster to reached the top or the highest of the Bloom's Taxonomy due to more hands-on student-centered environment.  

I learned that there is a myriad of benefits and advantages but the barriers can be frustrating if the instructors would not have the support of the institution or if there were no professional development and not given enough prep time. 

You should make the pre-recorded video engaging and not to long otherwise students will become uninterested in the material. Instructors should be comfortable with technology to implement this type of teaching strategy. 

We as a faculty are already very close to a flipped classroom type due to covid. It is now up to me as an instructor to insure that all areas of the course that I am teaching is being covered and worked on. Flipped classroom and Blooms taxonomy will help to make the classes easier to teach in the long run. What that means is more time put in to the preparation of the class so that more class time can be used for the practical and discussion side. 

See it-Do it- Teach it.   Allowing the students to learn on line gives them a chance to review topics until they are comfortable with the material, giving them more time in lab to apply it.

Sign In to comment