Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Flipping the classroom is an effective way of teaching material through facilitation rather than rote lecture.

See it, do it, teach it.  This will help my students understanding neurology rehab.

I will refer my students to the pre-recorded videos that are available before each in class lab objective.

I believe that the orthodox way to teaching certainly benefitted by the instructors ability to control the time and pace where as Flipping the classroom will have some obvious hurdles to keep the lesson and students on track. However, anything that can improve a students ability to grasp more information and operate at a higher success rate is absoluetly worth while.

Review of Bloom's Taxonomy is always refreshing and useful. I will have to make a poster of it an put it into my classroom.

The flipped classroom while more work up front becomes easier and more effective over time

A major benefit of the flipped classroom is getting the students actively engaging in their education via open discussion, hands-on practice with peers and educators, and beyond.  This provides for a more exciting and invigorating learning experience.  I've found that students learn better and take away more from my course because they feel more connected to the content when they are more involved in the learning process.

Flipping the classroom has the potential to eliminate the homework black hole for students who have difficulty understanding and completing assignments outside of the classroom.  

I learned that Bloom's taxonomy is a lot like the nursing process. As a nursing educator my students would definitely benefit from this theory because they will "see it,  do it, teach it."

Prep time may pose a challenge, but will be worth it in the end. Understanding the barriers...

I intend to develop more short on-line lectures and create additional inclass activities that promote the see, do and teach. 

This concept has many benefits. It is better suited to students with hearing impairment. It allows students who speak other languages a better chance to understand the lectures. See it, Do it, Teach it seems to be a solid approach. 

See it, do it teach it. No matter the learners level of mastering the subject the y can review all or just sections of the lesson on pre-recorded presentation. Now language or disabilities are now overcome.

The transition could be gradual toward a flipped classroom.  Lectures could be available online, and questions from students could be required at the start of class to stimulate a discussion to reinforce the learning.  Also, live lectures supported by video could be useful in the transition period.

Proactive communication is essential for the flipped model. I am currently flipping a class this term and the students seem to like it so far. I am still learning how to research the BEST tools and lectures for the students to review at home or on their own and creating hands-on activities int he classroom. It is a little time consuming at the moment, however, I think the time will decrease as I continue to become more proficient with this model.

Sounds like the flipped classroom is the way to go as long as all your students have access to a computer and internet. I do question the time for it though... so I teach twice a week each class an hour and a half so would the students watch the lessons on there own time or would it be considered lecture time?... 🤔 

I had not specifically thought about how the flipped classroom would impact the Bloom's taxonomy levels. While I inherently had observed this before, this is the first time I saw the explicit thoughts linked. This explicit link can help describe value to stakeholders. 

Looking to incorporate this more, and like the idea. One question I have: In the flipped classroom where videos and prerecorded stuff are the norm, where does reading and books fit in? Are we losing the life skill of reading and pulling things out of books? I'm curious how that balance looks.

I feel like I learned potential barriers that students or other faculty may encounter. I will be able to anticipate the hesitation to overcome a way that makes a flipped classroom possible. I will be able to utilize the benefits of the flipped classroom into my class to promote active learning and student engagement. 

Bloom's taxonomy is an amazing structure that shows how learning progresses from simple level of knowledge to the ability to perform evaluation. Actually, the idea of flipped classroom looks like to be the solution achieving higher levels of learning. 

Sign In to comment