Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Managing classroom learning from the students perspective and incorporating various techniques to cater to a variety of learning learning styles. 

Comment on Scott Birney's post: I agree that I have learned words to use in front of my classroom that can contribute to a more positive learning environment

to not use negative words

I learn how to change my perspective on what my role looks like as a facilitator learner. It allowed me to be more comfortable on how I can connect with the students. 

I have learned that negative comments or words will greatly effect the positive learners.

Not being the "expert" but rather showing your interest in the subject. Making it fun and exciting to learn.

Being an instructor is like building and maintaining a fire, ignite the students, fuel the students and maintain the fuel to keep the fire lit. 

Positive support is strongly encouraging, but being honest is important too. 

I will continue to use positive words in the classroom.  I can start implementing the SAT to keep students on task in class.

The part that interests me the most was the student that knows everything. Classmates of this students often get agitated when she speaks because they think she is a know it all. I often have to partner her up with a classmate and I can see the look in their eyes. I treat this student with respect and I never try to shut her down but I often have to talk over her, so that her classmates may have a chance to speak. I often have this student as my helper because I want her classmates to see that learning to interact with others is a process as well. 

Delivering the appropriate amount of knowledge in a suitable format along with using positive words instead of words that may have an underlying negative connotation. 

The positive environment is much better for learning, than a negative environment.  Teachers watching what words we say and the emotions we show help to set the tone for learning in our classrooms.

Comment on Dr Enrique R Mendez, DDS, CDA's post

This session was indeed a great tool for me regarding how to resopnd to certain behavior of students.

Words speak volumes. Especially to students! So be mindful of what you say and how you say it in the classroom. 

The talking stick can be a very effective way of engaging your class, it can set a tone for how stepping up to answer questions can be held. I used this technique, but with a basketball. 

Practice being positive in your action and speech!

Always be positive and use positive words.

I have learned there are different ways to ensure students are being engaged in the learning process. 

How you speak will determine how the class reacts. 

I learned various ways to address different student behaviors by altering word choice.

Sign In to comment