Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Having a positive mindset and using positive words can make a huge difference in the mindset of your students. 

Didn't know about the SAT method, this looks like something I can apply right now.

Make the environment positive, ALWAYS. Negativity is not allowed. I really like Negasaurus!

Positive words can make a big impact on student learning. 

I have learned "know it all" students need an opportunity to be right.  Challenging them only makes it worse!  I had no idea!

Comment on Michelle Paul's post: It can be challenging dealing with rowdy students. I will utilize the tools in this section and replace negitive words with positive ones. Also, I will not challenge individual students and speak to them individually without other students being present.

Words matter, using the correct verbiage for the correct intention is key. 

A good reminder that using positive and encouraging words and phrasing makes a huge difference for the learners.

I learned great ways to engage all of the students into participation. I will implement anonymous questions and more group activities.

Positivity and enthusiasm for what you are teaching makes the learning environment more exciting. 

Didn't realize how my words could negatively impact the learning environment.  Got good strategies to use for different types of students.  

I learned that I need to be a learner when teaching, not to think I have to have all the answers but can allow others to give their input. Being positive with my words. I liked the ideas about if someone has a question or needs a break and lastly, love the negasauras to nip negativity in the bud

Being positive and encouraging with our student can really help them succeed.

remain positive. I like the idea of writing questions on paper to allow the intravert students to get their question out

Have students hold up a pencil to ask a question to give them time to think about it first. 

I learned techniques for dealing with an unruly class and how to turn a negative into a positive.

It’s safe to say that the choice of words can make a big difference in interpretation I’ve learned to choose what i say to avoid misinterpretation 

I learned how to effectively handle different situations where students act negative towards themselves. I also learned how as educators we are responsible for creating a fun and knowledgeable environment that students can learn and thrive in. 

I have learned ways to be more positive towards my learners. I also like the technique of have an object that is funny to pass around to try to get rid of negativity. 

I learned how to phrase things in a more positive and encouraging way.

Sign In to comment