Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

To use positive words instead of negative.  To calm students down positively.  Also to engage the students In their own learning. 

Enforcing a positive environment in the classroom helps to motivate the students to become engage and embrace the learning environment.  

I really learned from the tips on how to handle and class that is rowdy or starting to get out of control. I mainly teach lab classes so I don't have too many issues, but I like the idea of starting each class with a fun activity to encourage to students to be on time to class.

I have a problem with students talking and just today I said, 'You can have two more minutes of this break and then we will continue.' It worked; they all became quiet and listened after about two minutes.

I like the different techniques of how to address various student behaviors.

Have a positive outlook and use positive language.

if we gain the students attention and redirect their focus through different and unorthodox methods, it makes it possible to keep the student on their toes and paying attention.

Meet students where they are at, but still having structure. Giving talkative students a chance to talk in an appropriate setting, or quiet students a way to still voice their mind without having to speak it in front of everyone. 

Sign In to comment