Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

i like "negasaurus" and colored cards for questions

I have gained methods used to keep the students encouraged with positive verbage. 

In my courses it is inportant the the students feel impowered to take the initiative and try things on thier own without the fear of failure, I reenforce the fact failure is an opportuity to learn.

Positive environment facilitates learning

Not to use certain words with students, and encourage them with positivity and stimulation. Different techniques for engaging them, and curbing bad behavior.

I've learned that positivity goes along away with being a facilitator. It is important to be smart about how material is introduced to keep the students engage throughout the process. 

I have learned to turn the negative characteristics  into positive student interactions.I have learned about the positive characteristics of effective instructors.

This is very helpful. By changing some words we can the corner. Make teaching fun and effective.

Shah Rahman

Dont limit for self to being an"Expert"

It is important to reframe wording so that it is not negative.

Positive words 

Teachers and facilitators are not the same, teachers are typically one way communicators while facilitators are two way communicators. As an instructor you should be open to learning new things about the course even if you believe you have mastered it. Be cautious when addressing difficult students, choose words carefully. 

positive reinforcement  helps;

at the end of the class ; request each of the participant to say a statement as what they have learned and what they can work on // ..going forward

learned how important a word can be in context

Negative words can derail the learning experience. As Instructors we also must continuously be learners and facilitators.

I like having a microphone to establish who will be talking, while also allowing others to formulate any questions or ideas they might want to discuss while waiting their turn. 

I learned to always be positive, use encouraging words and have fun.

Doris Owens

Good information in directing students that want to challenge the instructor. As an instructor stay positive with your response.

I will do more positive interventions and avoid negative statements.

Sign In to comment